11/24 Olive AMPS 78, 59+2, 67+3, 84+6 Need TR help cuz Stickie doesn't make sense to me

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by OlivesMom, Nov 24, 2020.

1. OlivesMom

OlivesMom Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-2-92-3-earned-reduction-this-morning.238927/

Need help up on the TR. Olive did better at .12 as she stayed quite steady, however, at .09 she's going into the 50's, but bouncing now. I just haven't had the opportunity to learn how to do TR. I read the stickies, but it's just not making sense to me. She's about 10 pounds now and we've got about a pound still to get on her, so what am I supposed to be doing at this point if I were to switch to TR?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi. If you switch to TR you don’t need to adjust her current dose. What you read is for people new to insulin. All you will do if take reductions if she’s under 50 instead of 90. If teases are needed you can increase sooner than the 7 days used with TR. I’m so happy she’s gained back the weight. It sounds like she’s right where she should be. Congrats to you.

OlivesMom likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

I would not raise her dose.

OlivesMom likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Olive is looking great. Switching to TR just gives you an opportunity to hold the dose longer before she earns a reduction. You'd wait until she drops below 50.

OlivesMom likes this.
  5. OlivesMom

OlivesMom Member

Thanks everyone! Now it makes sense to me. I'm going to switch protocols.

6. tiffmaxee

If you switch, change your signature. Good luck.

OlivesMom likes this.