11/25 Prince AMPS 158

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Prince’s Mom, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I don’t think the dose is too large. Today would have been a perfect time to stall, not feed, and test again in 20-30 minutes and see if the bg was going up. You will be able to lower your shoot number as you have gained data too, provided you can get off schedule and monitor. With SLGS you could have shot at +2 provided you could be off schedule today.

3. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

The problem I run into is that in order to test him, I feed at the same time. To not feed and try to test is nearly impossible, even if I try to distract him with LC Kibble.

4. tiffmaxee

I was lucky that Max was easy to test. Can you get off schedule? Would you have been able to shoot at +2? That would not have worked for me. It would only be until you are comfortable shooting under 200.

5. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

I’m not sure what you mean by getting off schedule.

6. tiffmaxee

For example, today you could have shot at +2. Then your next shot would be 11 1/2 hours from then.

7. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

So if I’m usually 6 am/6 pm I could’ve done 8 am/7:30 pm? Then go back to 6 am/6pm the next day?

8. tiffmaxee

Unfortunately that’s not how it works. You would adjust your time back 30 minutes every 24 hour or 15 minutes each cycle. So it may not have been possible. You also could have tried stalling without food for 20-30 minutes to see if the bg came up. Sometimes it does, other times it goes down without food. You can start to lower your no shot number since you have data also. Perhaps if you retested in 20 minutes and it went up to 175 for example you could have shot the full dose. Then lower your no shot number to under 150. Eventually your goal would be to shoot lower and lower numbers.