11/26/20 - Mr. Squeaky Mega-Bounce. +7.5=148 PMPS=529 +7=187 AMPS =472 +6=464

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan D & Squeaky, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Jan D & Squeaky

Jan D & Squeaky Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving! I wonder if Squeaky is having big drops and that is causing the big bounces. Maybe when you are able to you should start getting a +2 even when he is high so you'll know if you need to feed to slow the drop. If he's 100 points or lower, I'd feed to slow the drop.

Jan D & Squeaky likes this.
  3. Jan D & Squeaky

Thanks for the insight, Carla. He hasn't been eating a lot lately. Especially in the first half of the cycle. I think I will try to encourage him to eat frequently. It might end up being treats.......

Hope you and Furball have a lovely day.

4. THH & Snowcrash (GA)

THH & Snowcrash (GA) Member

Are you doing the buprenorphine once a day or twice a day? And how soon after is he being offered food?

5. Jan D & Squeaky

Hi THH, Once a day.

Our routine goes like this, twice a day: Play with mouse (if he is up for it). Full body massage. Inhaler. Ear prick for blood glucose (not his favorite activity). THEN:

Morning: I give him his cerenia/budesonide (I grind them up and encapsulate them so there is only one pill) and he hates getting pilled.

Evening: I give him his buprenorphine. He hates getting it. He told the animal communicator once a while ago that it hurts his mouth.

Either item, is the last thing before eating breakfast or dinner.

Then he gets his shot. Hates that too.

He hasn't been eating a whole lot lately, and seems to eat more in the second half of the cycle. Maybe the routine upsets him. He does relax really well for the massage. He tolerates the other stuff.

Really likes beef heart and liver. He gets some with meals (eats all of it) and get some beef heart treats after getting poked and shot because he is reliably eating them.

Questions? Thanks for your input.

THH & Snowcrash (GA) likes this.
  6. THH & Snowcrash (GA)

Does he tolerate gabapentin okay (has he been prescribed that before)? I'm wondering if he may need a little more pain relief. If he's eating more after the buprenorphine kicks in, that could mean pain is interfering with his appetite.

7. Jan D & Squeaky

Hi THH, he's never had gabapentin. No, he seems to be eating more about 3 hours after the medicine/food routine. But not right away after all those pricks and prods.

8. THH & Snowcrash (GA)

I wonder if his appetite would improve if the buprenorphine were given twice a day? I know he hates it...

9. Jan D & Squeaky

Seems to me he doesn't eat as much when his numbers are high.

10. THH & Snowcrash (GA)

Could be. I'm wondering if there's a connection between pain and his higher values. I know he likes to bounce too.