11/28 Jack 329@AMPS, 146@+5hrs

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jack & Mopem'sMom, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Jack & Mopem'sMom Well-Known Member

We are still at 7units, and Jack is having fun on his roller coaster ride- me, not so much. His food choices are clearly the key to his numbers, but I'm plum out of ideas for tricking him, and STILL trying to arrange bloodwork with the existing vet as I haven't found a replacement yet. And apparently I never posted an update yesterday...sorry about that, I thought I did before I ran out of the house. Fun times...fun times....

Last thread:https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/11-26-jack-333-amps.271173/#post-3019490

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  2. Virginie & Chewie (GA)

Virginie & Chewie (GA) Well-Known Member

Ugh, you have all my sympathies, I have a very pig-headed cat at home too. One day a food is his favorite, the next day he will turn up his nose and just stare a hole into my skull until I open something else.
    I love him dearly but he drives me absolutely bananas some days.
    What have you tried so far? Happy to compare notes if you want!

Jack & Mopem'sMom likes this.
  3. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Jack & Mopem'sMom Well-Known Member

We started with Fancy Feast and Friskies pates since those were the brands I used to get my other cat into remission, and since that;s what Jack had from time to time. He is a HUGE kibble freak, so I ordered Dr Elsey's Pure Protein and YA Zero and did a gradual transition to to a 50/50 blend of both since all YA gives him diarrhea. His numbers are still high, so we tried different types of Meow Mix, 9Lives and even the crappy Special Kitty I give to the outside ferals. None of that was good enough for more than a meal or two, or if we were lucky, a few days. We received a very generous donation of Weruva and BFF from someone on the board whose cat needed something different and he ate that half-heatedly for about 2 meals. We also tried the Ziwi Peak dried lamb and dried venison in that donation and he seemed to really like it, so I ordered more and of course, he won't touch it now. There was another freeze dried option I can't remember that he outright refused as well. I have tried multiple tricks to get him to eat, including jealousy of his siblings, but that only lasted so long. I'm trying to get some additional blood tests scheduled fore him (fight w/the vet clinic) and in the meantime have gone back to Friskies and FF pates and Friskies prime filets when he is really being a brute. He is just a picky, picky, pig-headed beast who wants what he wants, no matter what I do. I think he enjoys the game :banghead: