? 11.29.22 Chispa, dental question; 108 AMPS, 92 +3, 98 PMPS, 68 +3

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Karen and Chispa, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Karen and Chispa

Karen and Chispa Well-Known Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...-amps-92-3-119-pmps-66-3.271266/#post-3020190

Surfing the blue-green line again. I'd increase the dose to get more consistent greens if she wasn't dipping into the 60s at night (despite mini-meals at PMPS and +2). I just wish she'd go a tad lower overall, but I'm not sure how to accomplish that. Is it just a question of waiting it out?

One thought: The vet said last summer that she needed a dental cleaning, but we had to wait until her BG stabilized before she could safely undergo anesthesia. Now that her numbers are so much better, she's scheduled for a consultation and pro-BNP test on 12/16, and hopefully we can set up a cleaning after that. I know there is a link between dental disease and diabetes (something to do with inflammation), so I'm wondering if getting that done that will help bring her numbers down. Has anyone seen that happen?

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I think I have seen some members said that it did, but I will tag a few members for you
    @tiffmaxee

@Suzanne & Darcy

@Wendy&Neko

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

We have seen cats go OTJ after dentals. It’s also one of the main reasons cats fall out of remission. Inflammation and /or infection the main ones.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Inflammation and/or infection can lead to insulin resistance. We've seen lots of cats improve or flatten out after dentals.

5. Karen and Chispa

6. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

She's doing beautifully! You are to be congratulated. Your hard work is paying off. The dental procedure may well help bring numbers down. We see a lot of that here. :bighug:

7. Karen and Chispa

Thank you, @Suzanne & Darcy ! That really lifts my spirits. :bighug:

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  8. Karen and Chispa

That's three greens in a row, and with meals in the feeder, I am hitting the hay. Good night to all! :D

9. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Beautiful! :D:D:D

Karen and Chispa likes this.
  10. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member