11/29 Millie/AMPS 188/+2 191/+4 211/+6 206/+8 256/+10 240/PMPS 230/3.0/+2 213/+4 171/+10 185

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Heidi n' Millie and..., Nov 29, 2022.

1. Heidi n' Millie and...

Heidi n' Millie and... Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

She looks good for an increase. You could have increased her last night itself. I was thinking I should tell you, but it slipped my mind.

3. Heidi n' Millie and...

I thought about asking. However, she's being a little finicky about food this week, so is eating less andI wanted to see how her numbers did with her eating less. I'm usually a little spastic about her appetite, which is a carryover from when this started. She was thin and I was used to her cleaning up every morsel. Now, she's back to a good weight (vet would say that she's on the verge of losing her girlish figure) and I just don't think she needs as much as she was eating. She's pretty much consuming the amount of calories appropriate for her weight. I think she knows that I stocked up on the flavor that I thought she liked best. So, now she'd rather have another flavor.

Is there any harm in doing the increase on Sunday night, going into 4 days off? I feel better when I have the entire time to monitor her.

4. Heidi n' Millie and...

So, I decided to go ahead and increase her dose tonight, to 3.0.
    @Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  5. Bandit's Mom

Yes. You would want to look at increasing every Sunday night or Monday morning (if she needs an increase) so that you have 4 full days to monitor her and see what the dose is doing for her.

Good luck with the increase. I would not have waited till Sunday night.

6. Heidi n' Millie and...

How long does it generally take to see what the dose is doing for her? All the way back, a dosage increase seems to bring her numbers down for a day or two, then they go back up again, whether through my screwups or just because. What am I shooting for, as far as numbers? I have probably read the answers to that but there is so much info that I'm not retaining all of it. If you look back to 10/11-10/13, when I upped to 1.75, she had remarkably better numbers for a few days, then they haven't been that good since.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    Reason for edit: update
  7. Bandit's Mom

Some cats react to a dose increase in the very first cycle of an increase. Some take as many as 8-10 cycles to show you what they can do on a dose. A cat's insulin requirements can and do change, so a dose which was good last week or even a few days back could be too much or not enough. We just follow the numbers and adjust the dose accordingly. With the amount you test (except for the 2-3 days you work), you want to get her to a dose where she can see high green nadirs. You could even look at a lower reduction point of 70 or 80 so that she can spend more time in healing greens.

8. Heidi n' Millie and...

I guess I am afraid to cruise by the right dose because I haven't spent enough time at a dose...then have start all over again. She looks great, has gained her weight back, her coat is shiny and she's eating well enough, mostly just seeming to be picky about which food, not inappetance.

9. Bandit's Mom

Why do you feel you haven't spent enough time on a dose? Even with SLGS you do not hold doses for more than a week.

10. Heidi n' Millie and...

It says to hold the dose (not sure if it was taking just the initial dose) for at least a week. Then, it says if nadir are between 90 and 149, maintain the dose. Greater than 150, increase. (I guess she's not there yet) Later, it says as nadir approach 100, and pre-shot is below 300(she never goes there anymore), lengthen time between dosage increases. Also, talks about the goal being a relatively flat curve, over 100, I believe. I know she's not there yet. I guess I am really taking the go slow to heart.
    So, I'll just be increasing on Sunday nights until her nadirs stay between 90 and 149?? Is that right? The occasional green is a little scary to me. I'm just going to have to pull up my big girl panties and do it. Ugh.