? 11/3 Bea PM cycle 300s

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kirsten ACG, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Kirsten ACG

Kirsten ACG Member

I did a curve today after increasing to 3 units. I don’t understand why her PM +2 numbers have been in the 300s, sometimes high 300s. The PM cycle numbers generally (although I have limited data, I know) have been high. What do you make of her spreadsheet? She has been eating wet food only, mostly friskies pate and weruva low carb. The only major difference AM and PM at mealtime is that AM she takes .375mg dexamethasone and PM .1875mg dexamethasone.

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

She is bouncing in the PM cycles from lower numbers in the AM. She needs more insulin though. You can take her up to 3.25U tomorrow morning.

Is she still getting Dr. Elsey's dry food? If not, you could switch to the TR protocol and make dose changes faster. Get her to good numbers sooner.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Yesterday she went down to 193 and possibly went lower before pmps. She’s bouncing. Also some cats are lower during the day and many more at night. It’s all to be expected.

4. Kirsten ACG

Kirsten ACG Member

She hasn’t been that interested in the Dr. Elsey's so I could probably remove it from the rotation. She is not a good eater though so I like to have as many options as possible. I’m so confused because when she had a fructosmine 10/7 (she was at 3 units) the vet said it showed prolonged hypoglycemia and was very worried. She wanted me to decrease her to 3 units AM and 2.5 units PM. I went to 2.75 units 2x per day. I do not know when she was having hypo but now I’m afraid to up her dose last 3 units

5. Kirsten ACG

Kirsten ACG Member