? 11/3 Eddie AMPS 227 +3 178 +7 135 PMPS 128 +2 158

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jodey&Eddie&Blue, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It does look like he’s bouncing. The reduction was earned by dropping to 52. Bounces can take as many as 6 cycles to clear. Hold the dose.

3. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Thank you! At least this is a less vigorous bounce in the scheme of things.

4. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Yellow in the morning just means he's still bouncing. So yes, hold the dose and grab a +2 or +3 to see if he's on his way down.

Yellow PMPS also are bounces.

5. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

I will do that, thank you.

6. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Yes, now at +3 he's 178, so on the way down. I have to go to campus but will be able to get another test in @ +7

FrostD likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Make sure you leave some food out for him. This could also be that "flat yellow means action cycle to follow" that I talked about last night. See how he's been in the 220's for a day and a half? Glad to hear you'll be back by +7.

FrostD likes this.
  8. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Well, he had the snack I left for him and he's 135 @+7. Are we on our way to another dose reduction in a few days? He's very happy right now.

9. Wendy&Neko

Only Eddie knows for sure, and he's not telling.

10. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

He does look a bit smug, though. LOL

11. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

So here we are @ PMPS and he is 128, which I think means going with 11iU (as we have been for two days) and having to check in at bedtime (+2 or _+3) and then again at +8 or so because he's in the blue???

12. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Did you already shoot? SS says 11U at 9:36, or is that just planned time?

Im hesitant to advise on dose, hopefully Wendy pops in. It looks like he came down gradually which is good, I don't expect a huge fast dive but you never know. If it were me, I'd shoot 11U.

Yes, definitely get a +2 or +3. When to test after that really depends on what the +2/3 says. If relatively flat, I'd check again in 2-3 hours, an hour before what nadir is (I just tried to reopen the SS but my phone isn't cooperating). If a decent amount higher (like 30-40+ pts), +8 should be good (I personally would leave food out and call it a night but I don't like to advise that without being able to open SS again). If a decent drop outside of meter variance, I'd check again in 1-1.5 hrs - or sooner if it's quite a drop.

13. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

14. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Crazily, my computer kept crashing, which is beside the point. I did take the 11U shot but it was at 8:45 and not 9:36. The screen kept freezing and I couldn't get out of the spread sheet. In fact, it's not even 9:15 here, which tells the tale. I was accessing at 8:36 probably for an 8:45 shot but then my computer went over the edge.

So, I shot 11u at 8:45. I'll go for a +2 or +3 and see how that goes. It's hard to leave food out: there are, if you can feature this, three other cats, one of whom is in remission (August 11th) after hypophysectomy in 2018 and fractionated radiotherapy in 2019 and SRT in 2020. In other words, we have competition for food and nowhere to isolate any food. Anyway, I'm here & will set the alarm if I need to after the +2 or +3 if this makes any sense.

FrostD likes this.
  15. Wendy&Neko

Yes, start with that +2 or +3. Looks like he's breaking a bounce, which could mean a more active cycle, but that first test will tell the tale. Depending on how much he's dropped, or if, you may need a test earlier than +8.

16. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

ok, on it. Thank you.

17. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Ok, at +2 we have 158, which is, rather than a drop, a rise from AMPS. It looks like I will have to check at +7 or so. If there's a drop, I'll test twice and give some MC food, if that makes sense?