11/30 Cleo AMPS 132 PMPS 202

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Angela & Cleo, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/11-29-cleo-amps-162-pmps-220.271283/
    Held the dose and will increase tonight if no greens.
    An hour late getting her shot this morning. So difficult and she hissed and growled at me. :(. Mean kitty. I tried to explain to her that Im not a masochist and I do not enjoy jabbing her flank at all and I am only doing it for her own good but she growled anyway. My feelings are hurt ...any one got a tissue? Lol

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
  2. Amy & Herman

Amy & Herman Well-Known Member

I can totally relate, my shot time jumps around a bit because there is no point attempting a shot until Herman is “ready” and comes to me at one of his “shoot” stations. He too can be a mean kitty :blackeye: and in those moods there is no winning. Look at him the wrong way and he hisses, sputters and yowls. 5 minutes later he can be a totally different cat. He NEVER likes his shot, but will tolerate it when in a better mood. Have you tried a Feliway room diffuser? Expensive (at least here in Canada) and seems a little voodoo-y (although it’s based on pheromones i think so it’s actually not voodoo-y at all) but I do think it’s helped. :bighug::bighug::bighug: Cleo loves you and feels bad for being mean, but she’s a cat, so she might not show you just how sorry she is. She knows you are helping her!

3. Angela & Cleo

Thanks Amy :bighug::bighug: I have all the voodoo-y pheromones everywhere. She's just moody! I still blame the Moon lol.
    I'm bigger and control the food so she'll ultimately succumb :p just slightly aggravating when I barely had coffee and my eyes are still half clised and I'm getting yelled at by my kitty.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry Cleo was being grumpy. I learned early on to give Furball loving before and after her shot to keep her calm and happy. I hope Cleo slides down today.

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  5. Virginie & Chewie (GA)

Virginie & Chewie (GA) Well-Known Member

It's so tough! After all they think they are in the right trying to avoid an unpleasant experience, but it's so hurtful and aggravating when the human is working so hard to keep them healthy, and gets yelled and hissed at as a reward. Some days I find it hard to not take it personally :arghh:
    Chewie was so trusting and docile at first - I think because she 1) was still a newbie and 2) was kind of "out of it" because her numbers were so high. She was so ravenous she didn't care what I was doing as long as there was food. With better numbers came considerably more attitude (and more scar tissue from the shots, sadly).

Anyways I'm rambling... I can't think of anything else than what has already been suggested, except maybe CBD if you have never tried? I used it back when Chewie was still a healthy, bossy, mean troublemaker that would bully other cats for funsies, and it really helped calm her down. I am sure you have tried every calming treat and tiny gauge needle out there!

6. Angela & Cleo

Thanks everyone...she's just being Moody and I'm just being a little sensitive. I'm over it now. She just has to deal lol
    She's ALWAYS been sassy. Never a cuddly cat and petting and stroking is at a 3 strike maximum. :rolleyes:

@Virginie I've never tried cbd. It's something I am interested in but haven't really buckled down to researching it. The calming treats are usually too high carbs. Any links for cbd would be greatly appreciated :bighug:.

7. Virginie & Chewie (GA)

Virginie & Chewie (GA) Well-Known Member

From what I gathered researching it, for pets you want to use hemp-derived CBD, with no THC whatsoever. Cats are weird enough, I don't think they need to get high on top of it :p
    There are tons of brands available, I can only vouch for the one I have used with my cats, which is this one.
    I actually need to order a new bottle, don't know why I kind of forgot about it... I feel all my old kitties would benefit from it daily. Thanks for reminding me, ha.

Jackie and Biggie likes this.