? 11-30 Panzer PMPS 111/153@+3/132@ +4/143@+5/ 163@+6/Surgery Dose/Surgery Failed

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chrispooky12, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Chrispooky12

Chrispooky12 Well-Known Member

Hey all my surgery is on Friday. My daughter has watched me test Panzer but has never actually done it. I may be ok to test but I'm not positive.

I increased Panzer's dose to 2.75 on 11-26 PMPS shot. He was running high until 11-28 PMPS shot. Now his numbers are absolutely beautiful. I actually gave him MC @ his +3 AMPS snack before I left for work because he was @100 @ AMPS & 71@+3 & I didn't want him to go to low because I knew I wouldn't be able to test him again until between +7 & +8 AMPS. He was @ 83@ +7.5 AMPS.

Based on his #s now or even tomorrow what dose should I give him on Friday December 2nd @ AMPS. I hate that I have to decrease & possibly mess him all up, but his safety is #1. I'm putting this up tonight so it can get more eyes before Friday. @Suzanne & Darcy @Bron and Sheba (GA) @tiffmaxee @Bandit's Mom @FrostD.

@Diane Tyler's Mom can you please post my previous thread link, I tried to but it didn't work.

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

3. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

How long do you think she'll have to take care of him?

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  4. Diane Tyler's Mom

I can also try tagging Wendy for you about the dose for Friday when you have your surgery
    @Wendy&Neko

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you were to reduce, I'd start the reduction tomorrow morning, to give the depot some time to drain. Otherwise it'll influence Friday's cycle too. If you only have to reduce for a couple days, he'll get back into good numbers soon enough once it's safe for you to increase again.

6. Chrispooky12

Maybe the rest of the day on Friday or maybe not at all.I'm having an hysteroscopy Minerva ablation. I was told to take it easy for 2 days & could go back to work on Monday. It makes you sleepy from the general anesthesia & cramping.

FrostD likes this.
  7. Chrispooky12

Ok what should I reduce him to? 2.5, 2.25?

8. Chrispooky12

9. Diane Tyler's Mom

No problem Christina :bighug::bighug:

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  10. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I think you have enough wiggle room that you don't necessarily need to reduce. But if it would make you more comfortable, I'd reduce by 0.25U - and like Wendy said you'll need to start that tomorrow to give time to drain a little. The higher depot will probably still be there, but again you have some cushion.

11. Chrispooky12

Okay thank you @FrostD. I hope you & your family feel better soon & everyone can have time with your new baby girl ❤

FrostD likes this.
  12. Wendy&Neko

I agree with Melissa, a 0.25 unit reduction should be enough. And it's always better to have a dose on a line in case you can't do it. You might want to leave a used syringe either with a sharpie marking his dose, or it filled with coloured liquid to show the dose. Just in case.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  13. Chrispooky12

Ok sounds good. He's running a bit high tonight but flat. I'm wondering if pumpkin raises his BG it seems like it goes up a little after he's had it.

14. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Chrispooky12
    Sending you lots of hugs and positive vibes for tomorrow. You will be OK :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:♥♥♥

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  15. Chrispooky12

Thank you Diane ❤

16. Chrispooky12

I forgot to ask in my original post. If I don't make it back for +3 AMPS snack which is when Panzer gets his Zobaline should I give it to him @ AMPS or will be okay to miss one day without it? He gets 1/4 of an ondansetron & he has his probiotic @ AMPS feeding.

17. Chrispooky12

The surgery center called me today. They said the surgery takes about an hour & recovery at the surgery center should only be an hour. They said they would like my daughter to stay with me for the rest of the day & possibly overnight. Said it depends on how bad I'm cramping & how long it takes me to be alert & no dizziness from the anesthesia.

18. Wendy&Neko

I think you should be OK to give the Zobaline with breakfast.

Best of luck tomorrow. :bighug:

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  19. Chrispooky12

Ok thank you ❤

20. Chrispooky12

AMPS 107 gave MC FOOD

21. Carole & Indigo

Carole & Indigo Well-Known Member

Hope everything goes well today! :bighug:

22. Chrispooky12

Update my ablation surgery failed:banghead: I have to many fibroid tumors & polyps. I have to call the OBGYN on Monday & set up an appointment to see if they can do an IUD, if not I have to have a hysterectomy. I'm starting to have pain CVS is expediting my pain medicine. I've lost alot of blood so I'm a bit dizzy but I will be taking care of the boys. My daughter Tayla went home to let her dogs out & feed her kitty's, but is coming back to take me to get my prescription & help me with the boys if needed.

23. Diane Tyler's Mom

That sucks I'm so sorry, explain to me what will putting in an IUD solve .
    I hope the meds will help with the pain. Glad your daughter will be helping you out :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  24. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

oh man. That's so bad. It honestly sounds like the hysterectomy is the way to go... get rid of it all. I haven't personally had one, but I do know a lot of women who have. I think it's better if they can save your ovaries (depending on age, of course, and whether you still need them for hormone production.) I'm sorry it turned out this way. And what a lot of stress building up to the surgery today and then to have them not be able to do it. Now more stress later on. :-( I'm happy your daughter will be coming back. Rest up as much as you can. And what about your car? Have you had any news on that? Hugs!

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  25. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  26. Carole & Indigo

Carole & Indigo Well-Known Member

So sorry this didn’t go the way you were hoping. :bighug:Hopefully the IUD will help, in the meantime ask if Tranexamic acid is something they think may help you? It is a drug that controls bleeding. I took it for 2 months with Naproxen before my IUD placement and did see a difference in bleeding. I had my Mirena IUD placed on September 29 2019 under anesthesia with a D & C for biopsy and have not had a period since just some spotting occasionally, I think the D & C kick started the process though. I hope you are able to get similar results!!

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  27. cecile & bella

cecile & bella Well-Known Member

I'm sorry it did not work! Sending thoughts your way :bighug:

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  28. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Ah sorry to hear this! Hope you get some rest

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  29. Chrispooky12

Yes I have decided to go with the partial hysterectomy. I have been in menopause for years & will be 50 in January. I just hope they don't do it & find that they have to take everything. I can't imagine being away from the boys that many days. I finally got my pain medicine after finding a pharmacy that had it in stock & I'm getting ready to take some ibuprofen because dummy me scooped the cat boxes & vacuumed the catroom & kitchen (linoleum floors) & I'm hurting again :banghead:

Due to having to find the pain meds Panzer got his shot 45mins late & I increased him back to 2.75 so hopefully the depot sets in before work on Monday. Tayla my daughter did part of the testing (Panzer is fighting getting his ear wamed up even for me) she drew the insulin to the 2.75 line but gave a fur shot, it was her first shot ever though so it's understandable. She tried & is going to continue coming over to learn how to do everything on her own. She went home but said to call if I need her to come back.

I went to the automotive place that had my car on Wednesday night to get an estimated cost if it was the starter $270

& they called me 5mins later & said it started right up & he tried it 10xs & it started everytime. So it's at home with me, a mechanic friend is going to come & look at it on Sunday though & check 4 possibilities of what's wrong with it. It's running & driving good knock on wood but I decided to keep the Honda, it has slight transmission issues & needs 2 used tires but hopefully it will stay running until I get my car completely fixed. My car also has transmission issues has since the day I bought it. As long as I drive it easy it seems to be fine.
    @Suzanne & Darcy @Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  30. Chrispooky12

Yeah it sucks, but I've decided to go with a partial hysterectomy. I've been in menopause for years & I will 50 in January.

31. Chrispooky12

Yeah it sucks I've decided to go with a partial hysterectomy. I've been in menopause for years & I will be 50 in January.

FrostD and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  32. Chrispooky12

Thank you it sucks. I've decided to go with a partial hysterectomy.

33. Chrispooky12

Thank you I need all the prayers I can get:bighug: I've decided to go with a partial hysterectomy. The surgeon is supposed to call me on Monday & I'm going to talk to him about it then.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  34. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Go easy on yourself!!! Maybe the car won’t need expensive work after all! Hope so.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  35. Diane Tyler's Mom