? 11/9 Abby AMPS 310 / + 6 260 / PMPS 248 / +2 184 / +3 97 / +8 97 Night drops

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SDAbby, Nov 10, 2020.

1. SDAbby

SDAbby Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...73-different-am-pm-shots.238228/#post-2675165

Hi, as discussed on last few threads, I think Abby may be dropping too fast/far at nights. I am still trying to get some more mid-cycle night shots, but between turning off my alarm and/or not being alert enough to deal with Abby's catitude, I haven't successfully gotten a BG at night. I will keep trying.

That said, assuming that's the case, do I keep just shooting through it or should I drop to .1 to see if she won't bounce as much? Her highs are still too high, but the more that it happens, the more I think it looks like bounces on nights she has large drops (like tonight). Her nadirs during the day support an increase (to .5) but her nadirs at night support keeping same dose (.25) [or depending how far she drops, perhaps a decrease].

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Unless she drops under 90 you don’t want to be reducing the dose.
    Are you giving her any food at night to snack on?
    When you get a test at+2 like tonight that is lower than the preshot....that is a signal to you that it is probably going to be an active cycle and you need to get up and test again later in the pm cycle.
    Also feeding a snack before the drop can also help stop fast drops that trigger bounces.

3. SDAbby

SDAbby Member

Yes I leave out the rest of her watered down LC wet food (she likes the “water gravy” more than wet food) and Dr. Esleys kibble and I take her to her food to encourage her to eat but she doesn’t eat a full meal. The past few nights she has been getting up at +8 and eating a lot (which is helping me confirm bounce suspicions). Unfortunately Abby has not found a treat she will eat...she prefers to eat independently.

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

If you cold get some tests in around the nadir for a few nights it would help clarify what is happening

5. SDAbby

SDAbby Member

Ok - will do. She is at 97 @ +3 so I just forced her to eat some LC food and will continue to monitor. Thanks.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  6. SDAbby

SDAbby Member

Unfortunately I didn't get Abby's suspected nadir last night (dang snooze button) but given her 97 [on alphatrak] at +3 and +8, it is very likely that she dropped below 90 at her nadir. Do I presume she went below 90 and try .1 or keep shooting at .25 until I "catch" her below 90? I'm still concerned with how high she has been in the AM (so she doesn't look like most cats that I've seen get down to .1). thanks.