12/19-Dolly-AMPS 138 -91@+2 -72@+3 - 65@+4 -77@+5 -124@+9 -PMPS 85 -91@+3

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Our Dolly Girl (GA), Dec 19, 2020.

1. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Good morning. What made you decide to reduce? Just curious.

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

I think you mean AMPS. :)

The 2U dose could affect numbers for up to 4 cycles after the reduction.

4. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Whoops. Tired this morning. Good morning Bhooma :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  5. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I am very conflicted about this. Talked with Bhooma last night. She suggested about giving us both a break. I think I will go back to 2 units tonight. Did you look at last night? I really don’t want to lose any progress and I know we may not lose any with the reduction. Exhaustion is part of it.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  6. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I really already regret my decision. What do you think? Good morning Bhooma :D That’s two “good mornings”. :)

7. tiffmaxee

Don’t go back up,tonight. Let it play out. When you find yourself propping up a lot you either need to feed just lc and see if a reduction is earned or reduce and see if the reduction holds. It won’t ruin her progress.

8. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean that when she is at a number I normally would give mc or hc just continue with the lc and see how low she goes? Let it play out for how long (how many days)?

9. tiffmaxee

You would feed mostly under 10% and test as she’s coming down to see if she drops under 50. At that point a reduction is earned and you need to give hc. If you need to feed a lot of higher carb food and she needs a reduction then she will earn one fairly quickly. If you need to leave her you need to feed mc or hc though. Otherwise you would feed lc until she earns a reduction. See if she holds this reduction. I would not go back up unless her numbers trend up.

10. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Dolly’s main food is 3%. Wednesday we have an appt in downtown LA for my husband cochlear. We have to leave at 2pm. Depending on traffic coming home could be gone 2-3 hours. Christmas Eve 4:30 with family, most important is seeing the baby, we just don’t know about going. 5 minutes from home. Maybe 1 1/2 hours if we go. Otherwise we will be home (market maybe). Maybe get a tree . I needed to explain. :rolleyes:

11. tiffmaxee

If you stick with the reduction you won’t need to test as often most likely. I was just saying rather than take a premature reduction you could have fed her lc and seen if she dropped under 50 to earn one.

12. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

M
    Maybe even longer Wednesday, 4 hours, thankfully it’s a time of day she is more likely going up BUT not always. My husband doesn’t drive anymore and it’s an important appt.

13. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Too late now. Maybe this morning. She’s not eating much since she vomited, but she’s fine.

14. Bandit's Mom

Hi Adrienne, now that you've decided to reduce, hold the 1.75u like Elise said for 6 cycles and see how she fares. If her numbers trend higher, we can always go back up to 2U.

She dipped below 50 once and we have been propping her up to some extent with MC/HC in the last few days. Let's see how she fares if we stop doing that.

Hope we haven't confused you..

15. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I’m good. Did you see my appt schedule? I’m not giving/did not give her any mc/hc at +2. She dropped to 72 @+3, just lc food.

16. Bandit's Mom

A little more LC now will keep her from dropping too low by +4/+5.

Did see that message about the appt on Wednesday. 2pm would be +6 or so?

Am off to bed now, so tag Elise if Dolly drops low and you need help. :)

17. tiffmaxee

The old depot is in play for up to 6 cycles so give mc as needed. My comment on only lc was if you wanted a reduction earned. Right now you want this one to hold.

18. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I am confused. Why not earn a reduction - but not from the current stored depot, never mind.o_O So now that she is down to 65 @+4 I want to give mc or hc to prevent a big drop? Same as I was doing except dose change to 175. Right???

19. tiffmaxee

Yiu already took the reduction. I’d feed mc. Yes. You handle same as before but keep the dose at 1.75. I think it would have been earned today anyways.

20. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

It was this statement that confused me. I thought you meant to let her drop to below 50 to earn the reduction already taken. She has not had any mc or hc today, isn't it too late in her cycle. She's already at +5. When I read that message she was already @+4. I am just too tired today, everyday, really mostly at night. After the 6 cycles, where do we go from there? Wednesday appt has me nervous depending on - sorry Elise, I need to revisit later. I need to dry my hair. I will check her now. Thanks

21. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

She’s at 77@+5. My last message sounded stupid but I need to pick up a prescription and just showered and not thinking clear. My granddaughter tested positive. She lives with my daughter whose been exposed 5 times already. My grandson had COVID. Anyway, I am worried so my brain is spinning. Thanks for listening to my rant and I apologize to you and FD for breaking the chit chat :joyful::blackeye: rules again. Have a great day and thanks Elise :)

22. tiffmaxee

No rules broken. Rant away! Sorry about the positive tests. I hope it’s errors. :bighug:

23. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Don’t think so, I wish.

24. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Getting her pm injection half hour earlier. Last night she got it 1/2 hour late. Now she is back on her normal schedule.

25. Bandit's Mom

Nice PMPS. Get a +2 and see where she is at. Flat or lower, feed a little MC. This is to prevent her from going low later in the cycle.

26. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

She's at 91. I gave her some 15% a bit ago. Sorry, my phone was in the other room charging.
    She is terribly congested, can't smell her food so she doesn't want to eat. She ate of few bites out of each bowl, 3 of them.

27. Bandit's Mom

I think its safe for you to call it a night. Leave her usual LC out for her to nibble on.

28. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

She was 124 @+9 then down to 85 PMPS. She is so unpredictable. Do you really think it’s safe? It would be nice to go to bed early, I look like death, especially my eyes DQ:p

29. Bandit's Mom

Yes you can. Feed her a spoon of MC if that makes you feel better! :)

30. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thanks Bhooma. Have a lovely day. Give Bandit a hug for me.

Bandit's Mom likes this.