12/22 Blue 85 AMBG

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Patty and Blue GA & Brat, Dec 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Patty and Blue GA & Brat Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/12-21-blue-67-amps.240326/

Blue is good. Eating well and seems to feel fine. He's just not himself. I haven't
    heard from Blue Pearl but will try them again this morning. Holidays and
    weekends are always bad to have an issue with your furbie.

Back to the calories for Blue, he's getting about 200 a day plus what he eats
    from everyone else's bowl.

Mogs, any good news on Noodle?

I forgot to put is BG this morning. It's 85.

Critter Mom likes this.
  2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Patty,

I'm so pleased and relieved to hear that Blue is good. ((((Blue)))) AMBG is very good. Now that you know how many calories he's getting, a weekly weight check will help you to monitor whether it's a bit too much, a bit too little, or his 'goldilocks' amount - just right. :)

I managed to get the Noodle to eat something at last. I had to resort to trying the Hill's k/d pouches and I'm worried that the drastic change will cause a GI upset but it's safer for her to at least eat something. Her BP was too high earlier. While I'd prefer it to be in a better range, perversely I was relieved to see it come back up again. I was able to give her the amlodipine without too much worry this afternoon. She's not quite as tired, quiet and subdued today so there's that to be thankful for. (((Noodle)))

Disappointed to hear that Blue Pearl didn't get back to you yesterday. Did you get any joy from them today? Agree about it not being good when something's up with our fur childer at weekends and hols. I recognise how lucky I am about the cover our vets offer. This morning I rang them to see whether they had any more of the k/d pouches (I only have a few days' worth at home) and the receptionist I spoke to took the time to go through their opening hours, to reassure me that the out of hours service would be as normal right the way through the holiday period. They're even opening next Sunday morning to offer an emergency clinic! (((Our vets))) I always feel for members here who end up having to take their kitties to an ER outside their own vets' opening hours: one example of market forces failing to meet the needs of people and their non-human companions.

How are you doing yourself today? I hope that now you're getting proper sleep again you're feeling the better of it. :bighug:

Mogs

3. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I'm so happy you got Noodle to eat something. I wish our vet was more available. You are lucky.
    I have called Blue Pearl several times and it keeps hanging up when she's in the middle of her
    spiel. Must be on their end so I'll keep trying. Stupid landlines.

I am catching up on sleep. I have so much I need to do. I haven't wrapped the first gift.
    That's my day I think, wrapping.
    Blue and all the others are taking naps so now is my chance.

I'll be back if I can get in touch with Blue Pearl and of course next time I check the Bluebird.
    I hope Noodle has a good day and doesn't get sick from her food. (((Bug)))

tiffmaxee and Critter Mom like this.
  4. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I have called Blue Pearl and left a message on the recorder for the oncologist but have not heard back from anyone. :(

He was 68 before his 3:30 meal. He's obsessively cleaning himself. :confused:

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Nice bg. Any other weird behavior? I took a little fall today. I’m okay but icing and taking it easy.

6. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

OH no, I'm sorry to hear that. What did you injure? Yes, ice and rest and pain meds. :bighug:

Blue is 116 tonight. I fed him. Should I test again in 3 hours? It seems that's what I remember I need to do.

7. tiffmaxee

Yes. I would test three hours after eating. It’s still high normal though.
    I landed on my hand and knee. There’s a little swelling so I wrapped it and have been elevating and icing.

8. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Okay, I'll test at 11.

Well, that sucks! I hope you'll heal quickly.

9. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

He's at 105 3 hours after eating. I'm not sure if I need to do anything else. I'll test in the morning
    before he eats, but if I need to do anything else tonight, let me know.

10. tiffmaxee

No need to do anything else tonight . It’s still in range. Good night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.