12/23 Blue 62 AMBG

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Patty and Blue GA & Brat, Dec 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Patty and Blue GA & Brat Well-Known Member

Critter Mom likes this.
  2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

How is Blue feeling/acting today, Patty? Is he back to his normal self?

Mogs

3. Critter Mom

@tiffmaxee - Very sorry to read of your fall yesterday, Elise. I hope the icing has helped bring down the inflammation and calm the pain.

Mogs

4. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

He seems better today Mogs.

You and Noodle ok?

5. Critter Mom

I'm glad to hear that, Patty. ((((Blue)))) I take it that you didn't hear anything back from Blue Pearl. That's very frustrating and disappointing.

Still having food wars over here. Was up a good part of the night trying to coax her on and off to eat something. She was mostly licking the gravy off the k/d and leaving the meat (supposed to have 3 pouches a day, and I only managed to get about 1¼ into her) but I finally got her to eat a little bit of her gastro kibble. I've managed to persuade her to eat a little more of that today. She has an appetite but I can't get her to eat enough. It's soul-destroying. :(

Mogs

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi. I’m glad for the green amps. I’m feeling ok but a little bruised and swollen. I’m grateful I didn’t break anything. Thanks for asking ladies.
    I can’t believe you haven’t received a call back. I’d call again. I’m glad Blue seems to feel good. Maybe it was a passing thing whatever it was. Does he have more energy?

Critter Mom likes this.
  7. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Hi guys.
    Binged the first season of Imposters today. I never do that but I enjoyed it.

Elise, swollen and bruised doesn't sound good. Keep icing and elevating. I hope you don't have anything strenuous planned.

If only Noodle had half of Blues appetite. He continues to eat as much as I'll feed him.
    I hope she'll start eating better soon. I'm sure you are very worried.

Critter Mom likes this.
  8. Critter Mom

I am, Patty. With Saoirse's pancreatitis, there were times when feeding her was really hard because of the discomfort and nausea it caused but she would try to eat a little bit for me. I'd read about the other members whose cats could eat well and heartily, who had a wide range of foods they could eat, and I'd want that so badly for my beloved girl. (((Saoirse))) There were times when my hands would be raw from hand feeding her round the clock. I didn't care as long as I got some food into her and she could get her insulin. In comparison, Lúnasa is interested in food but she just refuses what's offered. I've managed to get her to take regular very small amounts but it's the gastro kibble which is no good for her kidneys. :(

Glad to see you had some well deserved R 'n' R today. :)

Mogs

9. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Can she have tuna juice or something like that mixed into her food so it's stinky?
    Have you tried syringe feeding? Probably not since she's "testy" shall we say.:arghh:
    It's hard and depressing when our kids are sick. I wake at night and think about Blue.
    I know you do the same. :bighug:

Oh I forgot, Blue is 102 tonight.

10. Critter Mom

No, I haven't. She's a bad candidate. Before I landed on her Wonder Soup as a solution to get her to take in more water and help get her meds safely into her I had to syringe water chasers after giving the pills to make sure they didn't get stuck on the way down. Lúnasa really struggled with the syringing of water. It was a miserable, frightening experience for her. (((Noodle))) That lasted less than a minute. I think trying to syringe feed her would involve her being freaked out and me wearing her dinner. :confused:

Yep.

(((Patty)))

:bighug:

Mogs

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  11. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I figured it would not be something you'd be capable of doing. At least not on a regular basis. :bighug:

Eat Noodle Eat!
    :cat:

Critter Mom likes this.
  12. Critter Mom

Oi, Lúnasa! Listen to Patty and do what she tells you!!

;)

Mogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.