12/24/2020 Sugar AMPS 272 +1 187 + 2 141 +3 115 +4 121 +6 206

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Claude, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Claude

Claude Member

Hi, I gave my cat his morning shot (2.5 IU) before he ate (I know, I was confident he would eat, as he always does. My mistake). I gave him a can of Friskies Pate and he only licked the gravy and took a few bites. I don't know if he's tired of the same food as he seemed to want to eat something else. He was more interested in the can than the food in his plate (he doesn't like food that's been sitting around for a while).

I did a keto urine test and the strips showed negative for ketones, although the strip does look a little darker compared to mine (tested myself for comparison). The colors are a bit confusing as they don't look exactly the same as the ones in the bottle (not sure if that's normal).

He was also a bit agressive to my other cat (which doesn't happen often) and a bit wobbly (not the first time). But he's laying down now. Seems to be OK.

Should I try with other food? I'm afraid he's about to drop to hypo numbers.

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

3. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

That's a big drop for +1. Definitely try with other food and if you have exhausted all possibilities and have some higher carb treats or a few kibbles of dry food on hand you can feed that to him mixed with some low carb wet food. I've done that in a pinch when Ruby turns her nose up at food.

Bandit's Mom and tiffmaxee like this.
  4. Claude

Claude Member

@Bandit's Mom @PerfumedCatMom

Gave him a pouch of Sheba cat food. He's now eating. Seems like it was the food and not him.

Gonna have to try some variety. He's been eating Friskies Pate Turkey & Giblets for the most part. But he seems he's tired of it.

Thank you for your answers.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  5. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Glad he is eating! Please get a +2? :)

6. Claude

Claude Member

Absolutely :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  7. Claude

Claude Member

+2 141

Still dropping despite eating, and he's not even in nadir yet. I think I might get him another pouch of Sheba. He ate it all. Not sure if it's medium carb or high carb though.

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Don’t over feed him. You need to keep him hungry in case he gets too low. Just a few teaspoons at a time is all you need.

9. Claude

Claude Member

Ok. Thanks!

tiffmaxee likes this.
  10. tiffmaxee

Get a +3.

11. Claude

Claude Member

Done. +3 115

12. tiffmaxee

Feed a little. Tests-+4. Looking. Good.

Claude likes this.
  13. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Sheba pates I know are low carb, not sure about others in gravy though. I feed my civvy Sheba chicken, beef, and turkey pates. Ruby was eating FF Turkey and also got tired of it. Now I feed her a constantly rotating set of mostly Weruva foods. Not sure if you can get those in Mexico but she loves them.

Claude likes this.
  14. Claude

Claude Member

I haven't seen anything from Weruva unfortunately. Canned food in supermarkets is limited to Friskies, FF and Whiskas iirc. Rest is dry or pouches. Will have to alternate between Friskies and FF.

15. Claude

Claude Member

+4 121

He ate half a can of FF about an hour ago.

16. tiffmaxee

Very nice. I’d test at +6 and then at PMPS unless the +6 requires more testing.

Claude likes this.
  17. Claude

Claude Member

+6 206

I think he's past nadir.

Thanks for your help!!