12/28 Pax AMPS 542, +2 504

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pax's Mom, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Pax's Mom

Pax's Mom Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...203-should-i-hold-a-couple-more-shots.223319/

Last week he was seeing blues and greens and now pink, reds, and blacks. At PM +10 last night he threw up once. It looked to be just cat food. He was in bed with me for the previous hour (after the +9 398). His jumps normally don't last this long, and the fact that his numbers are getting higher and higher are frightening me. I do understand that I did get a partial fur shot yesterday morning, but I think he did get most of the shot.

Anyone else experience long bounces? Is that what is happening?

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Bounces can take that long and coupled with a partial fur shot not unexpected. Hang in there.

Pax's Mom likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I sure hope he comes down soon from the moon...he's on a sky-high bounce all right...he just needs time to process all that sugar that's been released into his bloodstream - it's a normal response to lower numbers and/or missed shot. Give him a little time.

Pax's Mom likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

When you do a fur shot or partial, could you put FS or PFS in the units column of the spreadsheet. That way we can see it at a glance. The impact of a reduced or fur shot can show up in later cycles.

Why did you increase to 3.5 units? We dose based on how low the dose gets the cat, not the preshots. 3.25 units got him down to at least 67. You should have held that dose at least 10 cycles. You cannot “shoot down” those high preshots with Lantus.

Please put on a comfy pair of patience pants. ;)

Sherry and Blackie likes this.
  5. Pax's Mom

Pax's Mom Member

I will update the spreadsheet with PFS/FS. Do you recommend I go back to 3.25?

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You can stick st this dose, provided you can be vigilant. Pax will tell you if 3.5 is too much. Looks like bounce breaking cycle, could be a busy night.