12/29 Blue AMBG 85

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Patty and Blue GA & Brat, Dec 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Patty and Blue GA & Brat Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/12-28-blue-ambg-88.240638/

Morning.
    Blue is eating as much as is available. His tummy seemed larger to me last night
    so what did I do, worry about it throughout the night. I had visions of taking him on Thursday
    for his chemo and they tell me it's too late. Nightmare!
    The good news is he is Blue this morning. No different. His BG is good and all is well.

2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your nightmare, Patty. They're horrible. :(

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Glad Blue is well this morning, and that his BG is also good. Keep thinking of himself perched atop the kibble container. It is certainly making me smile every time the image comes into my mind. :cat:

Class act, your boy. ;)

((((Blue))))

Mogs

3. Critter Mom

A thought: how are you fixed for anti-nausea meds? If you're low then perhaps ask if you can pick up a repeat Rx from the hospital?

Mogs

4. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Oh thanks, Mogs. He was pretty agile to be able to get up there. He's so precious to me.
    I still have 4 Cerenia. I only used one after the last treatment.
    I did go through the paperwork again and found some information. The treatment on Thursday is a dropoff and he'll be there 2 to 3 hours. Also, there might be personality changes. There was a letter that I remembered a portion of but forgot where I got the info from. I was just so overwhelmed at the time. I'm going to go through it again and also write some questions down. I tried emailing twice and they didn't go through. :rolleyes: I might go to their website to see if I can send questions through that way.
    How's our girl doing?

5. Critter Mom

I just had a quick scout online and found mention that human chemo patients sometimes experience personality changes such as irritability/aggression and also apparently it's common to experience a sort of 'brain fog' (difficulty focusing, etc.). I wonder whether some kitties might experience something similar?

It might also be an idea to ask the oncologist about the increase in grooming behaviour you've observed.

Christmas Day and Stephen's Day were awful, quite frankly. Lúnasa was very quiet and subdued, and I struggled to get her to eat anything even though she was definitely hungry (threw up bile at one stage because her tummy had been empty for so long). Spent a lot of my waking hours in tears. Out of desperation I broke out one of her emergency pouches of Sheba (not suitable for a CKD cat but better than hepatic lipidosis). The Noodle finished it before it had time to touch the sides of the bowl. She was starving! Unfortunately it came straight back up again because she had wolfed it down so fast. Thankfully she ate again a little later and it helped get her going with taking in food again. I've upped her anti-nausea meds too. She ate OK for the last two days. It's very upsetting. I just want her to be OK - and I wish she'd eat the stuff that's better for her.

Mogs

6. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Sometimes it's better for them to eat anything.
    Such a struggle Mogs and I feel your pain. They mean so much to us. Family!
    I'm sorry you struggled during the holidays. (((Mogs)))
    I do think Blue has had brain fog. He's been better after the initial few days. He also hid away to rest for 2-3 days after chemo. He didn't miss a meal though.

7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I hope all goes well on Thursday for Blue. Have a good day Patty :cat:

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you are having a rough time with Lunasa.
    I know it's very upsetting Mogs, we just want them to be OK
    It will be 3 months on Jan 6 th that I had to let my Perry go ,Tyler's brother
    He had kidney disease. I just wish I could have fixed him.
    He was my love. I miss him like crazy.
    I hope she starts to eat better Mogs :bighug::bighug:
    @Critter Mom

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  9. Critter Mom

I know you do, Diane...

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Mogs

10. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I had 2 with kidney disease. It's so hard to watch them and be helpless to do much. I'm sorry you lost Perry.
    It's especially hard losing a soul cat. :bighug:

Mogs, how did the Bug do today. How are you doing?

I'm about to test and feed Blue again. He's been really good all day. I started him on CBD oil today. I'm hoping
    it will treat the inflammation and help his spleen go down. I decided if I didn't give it to him I'd regret not doing
    everything I could to help him.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  11. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m glad he’s staying green and eating well. I know it can take several weeks to see improvement with chemo so try not to let your mind wander to those dark places. I know easier said than done. I had to take Tiffany weekly and the first phase, induction, was 6 weeks. It took at least a few weeks before she started to feel better. She hid under my bed.

12. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I think I'm freaked out by his spleen being so large. I can feel it.
    The great thing is he's not weak or sick so I believe he feels good.
    The Oncologist did say most cats she sees are very sick and frail by the
    time she sees them. I hope this will help his outcome.
    I wish I could have treated every week with the A plan...but this one
    wasn't far behind in rate of remission.
    I'm glad Tiffany was able to improve from the treatments. I know you
    were relieved. I'll try to stay positive.
    He did jump into the blues tonight for the first time in awhile. I hope
    it's not the CBD causing that. I checked the ingredients and didn't
    see anything suspicious.

13. tiffmaxee

I doubt the cbd would have any negative effect on his bg. My reason fir bringing up Tiffany was that even with weekly chemo you can’t expect to see big changes after just one injection. It takes more time than that. It’s very positive that he’s eating and happy. Very good signs.

14. tiffmaxee

Oh and 116 is within normal range!:)

15. Critter Mom

Sending best wishes for tomorrow, Patty, and I hope you get a better night's sleep tonight.

(BTW, be sure to let the oncologist know about Blue's supplements.)

((((Patty and Blue))))

:bighug:

Mogs

16. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

We go on Thursday but thank you. I will let them know.

Is the Noodle eating?

17. Critter Mom

I knew you were due to go on the 31st, but numpty features here got confused about where midnight is over here so I thought I was writing the post on the evening of the 30th. Twit. :banghead:

Ta for asking about the Milky Paw Kid, Patty. Anti-jinx, she ate better yesterday and today. Such a relief. I pray she keeps it up. (((Noodle)))

Mogs

18. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I figured it might be the time issue. At least you get it right most of the time. I do not have a clue about the difference.
    Yay Noodlebug. I'm happy for you and what a relief. I'm guessing her BP is also good? I hope you've been able to sleep some.

19. Critter Mom

I'm currently in the annual Yuletide Time Distortion Vortex. I have the radio on pretty much all the time for company and all the regular presenters are taking a break over the Christmas period so I'm struggling to keep track of what day it is. :rolleyes:

Again anti-jinx, her BP is in a fairly good range at the moment. I've dropped her back down to the 1/4 tablet dose again and she hasn't been dipping down as low, thank God, and thus far she's staying in the 130s and 140s most of the time. I think she feels better in herself in this range. She was certainly much more herself today, and a fair bit more active too.

My sleep is all over the place, even worse than usual. :( About to hit the leaba now, so I shall bid ye good night with a prayer for your dreams to be sweet tonight.

((((Patty and Blue))))

Mogs

20. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

You have a way with words..."Yuletide Time Distortion Vortex". I can see where that could easily happen. When I lived alone I would always have the TV on. I needed the noise and the feeling that someone was around. Now sometimes I just want a quiet place.

That is good news that her BP is holding at a good place. I'm sure she must feel better for it. It's nice hearing that she's more active. Yay Noodle.

I did have better dreams last night. I hope you were able to sleep.

tiffmaxee and Critter Mom like this.
  21. Critter Mom

Hi Patty,

I'm very glad your dreams were better last night. :bighug: Nightmares suck. (PTSD sufferers get more than their fair share, and they can be really grim.) I eventually managed to drop off for a whle some time after 5am. I am completely banjaxed. :banghead:

Nice AMBG for Blue again this morning. ((((Blue)))) How is the Bluebird doing in himself today?

Mogs

22. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Hi Mogs,
    Glad you got some sleep. Blue is good although his tummy is still large. How's your girl?

23. tiffmaxee

Hi Patty I hope all goes well tomorrow.

24. Critter Mom

Hi Patty,

Anti-jinx, the BID dose of ondansetron seems to be helping a bit. The Milky Paw Kid ate unprompted most of the day today. (((Noodle)))

Glad Blue's been good again today. Meself and the Queen of Mean sat here beside me will be rooting for you both in the morning, and I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you get decent answers to your queries and more helpful information from the oncologist.

While I think of it, be sure to include on your checklist how your attempt to follow up on the findings of the most recent blood work left you with no clear view of who should be doing what next. (Forgive me: I think God put me on this planet to be a Helicopter Ma Hen. :rolleyes: )

Prayers for all to go smoothly today.

((((Patty and Blue))))

Mogs

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    Reason for edit: Grammar.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.