12/3 Kitten AMPS/131 +11/182 PMPS/193 +6/142 I’m back!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by KittenTheCat, Dec 3, 2020.

1. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

It’s been far too long since I’ve posted! Looks like my last post was a few months ago. I had busted my phone pretty badly and couldn’t see half the screen and it’s hard pressed to get me on a computer after work hours so that’s my excuse and I’m sticking too it! But I’m back and will get on track with posting. :rolleyes:

Kitten has been good. A bit of a struggle to get her numbers back on track in October after I was away, lots of increasing of insulin but she’s now back to 1.75 units. She’s had a few decreases in a row as I was using the AT2 monitor and she kept swimming with the sharks!!

Oh and we had a fun Blue Moon Halloween... While I took the dog out for a quick walk, kitten decided she’d help herself to some caramel chocolates (wrappers included)!! It was late in the day so my vet said to go to the emergency vet. Kitten THANKFULLY reacted to the medicine (dexmedetomidine) to induce vomiting. The vet said not many cats do and she puked it all up. :eek: After the meds wore off she was back to her usual self. What cat eats chocolate?! My cat. My cat does. o_O

All in all she’s been doing well. Still very playful and is always happy to be given extra snacks (but no chocolate! :woot:)

hope everyone is doing well!

thebigfuzz and Sue and Luci like this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

@Sue and Luci I can think of one other. :rolleyes: Glad you caught it in time and Kitten is OK.

Looks like Kitten likes giving you some fun preshot numbers. :D

KittenTheCat likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yes, Luci loves her contraband! She's very fond of Hershey's kisses and KitKat bars, and well just about anything else that she can get at that she shouldn't...I've never taken her to the vet after her escapades since most of the 'chocolate' these days isn't really very much cocoa at all. If you check the label it has a lot of chocolate flavorings and very little real chocolate. Most chocolates sold in regular grocery stores just isn't very pure - otherwise the price would be prohibitive and no one would buy it. You can buy it for a couple of dollars for just under 2 ounces but it's very bitter and not very tasty - certainly not something you'd want to eat freely...and fortunately for Luci I buy very little of that for baking and keep it put away - and can't recall the last time I bought any real chocolate.

Glad to hear Kitten is ok...welcome back!

KittenTheCat likes this.
  4. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

Well at least I’m not alone with the chocolate loving cat! The vet didn’t seem to mention the fact that there is minimal chocolate but of course there was concern as she ate the foil wrappers too. Talking about it now I bet there wasn’t even really chocolate on them since they were from the dollar store :D But I added chocolate to the list of contraband for kitten and it stays out of reach!

5. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I have been wondering how you and Kitten were doing...though I was stalking your spreadsheet every so often.:p It's nice to see your post:bighug: Not nice that Kitten got into contraband, though.
    Kitten, lay off the chocolates and foil wrappers, okay??? :confused:

KittenTheCat likes this.
  6. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

Yes she has kept me on my toes especially when I was using the AT2 monitor! :nailbiting:

I had so many intentions to get on here but never came to light but I’m officially back on track :D I remind kitten every day she shouldn’t eat chocolate (or the wrappers) so she just continues to chew the furniture instead :banghead: lol

7. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yummmmm. Tasty furniture. o_O At least there is no chocolate in furniture.
    Glad you're back on track now.:)

KittenTheCat likes this.