13/7 Mauer AMPS 86, +2 77, +3 68,

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SashaV, Jul 13, 2021.

1. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/8-7-mauer-amps-92-0-5-275-2-295.249571/#post-2816247

And I did retest her this time! It's a real number! :D:D:D

Which leads to my question...
    Bone marrow thing is on Thursday, so I'm thinking of lowering her PMPS the night before, but to what?
    I'm skipping Thursday morning no matter what, I'll leave two hours before her AMPS, so I need to be sure she can't bottom out from the previous cycle effecting the next one..

I'm getting my first shot today and I'm a bit nervous :oops:
    Also ridiculous nervous about Thursday... my referral is about suspected chronic leukemia apparently. There's definitely a lot on my plate :eek: hence why I haven't been around much..
    I hope they're wrong and I just have a weird body :smuggrin:

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m sorry you are having a bone marrow biopsy on Thursday and I do hope the result is good news.
    If you are going to skip the dose on the day, I would think you could give a normal dose for the evening before.
    You can always leave some higher carb food out in the morning if you are concerned.
    See what others think,

3. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Thanks Bron!
    But I think it's a good idea to decrease previous dose. Just see today, the juice shouldn't even be working yet... plus it's not that unusual for Lev to nadir late..
    Point is, I'd rather play it was safe, than be worried :D

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

If you're worried you can try reducing to 2.5 or 2.25 units the day before. Sending prayers everything goes well. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sasha, you know Mauer best. If you feel you need to reduce the previous evening dose for safety and peace of mind, then do it. He will get back on rack.
    All the best for Thursday.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    Liz & Minnie likes this.
  6. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

That might be a good idea
    Lower but not much lower.
    Thanks Carla :bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

You're so right, Bron. Mostly for peace of mind.

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I hope all goes well for you and results are negative. Do what makes you feel comfortable. By skipping and leaving her with higher carbs than usual if lower than you want before you leave she should be fine but for peace of mind do what makes you comfortable. She will get back on track no matter what you do. :bighug:

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  9. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Then I lower her dose the night before and skip on Thursday, just leaving LC out. No need to send her to the moon :rolleyes:

She'll definitely get back on track... yesterday was perhaps a high before a low? Or today was a late nadir? But I'm confident she'll get back on track :D:D

Thanks Elise :bighug::bighug:

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  10. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

I agree with you on the peace of mind. I am certainly no expert qualified to advise but I think you have enough on your plate without worrying about a dropping BG. If it were me I would lower the night before. I did similar before my vacation dose and am dealing with the consequences (back in the yellow and pink) but worth it.

Good luck with the shot, any post-shot symptoms and the bone marrow biopsy. You really have a LOT going on. Time to focus on yourself. Mauer will cope. Auntie Liz says so! And also let's have no bunny shenanigans on the bedclothes, either.

:bighug::bighug:

11. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Your opinion matter, auntie Liz! :bighug:
    It just feels so new to me, I've never skipped before so I don't know what she'll do :eek:
    But we'll see, hopefully she'll bounce right back and not do a Minnie on me :p

I got my shot. My arm is falling off I think :smuggrin::rolleyes:
    But it's done! Now only the drilling in my hip left... got some more results from the blood work... I'd be very very surprised if I get outta there and nothing is wrong...

We're having a heatwave. Mauer is hiding out in front of the fan all day long, wish I could too!!!:D:D:D

12. tiffmaxee

Which shot did you get?

13. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Best of luck to you on your biopsy, Sasha. Will be thinking of you and hoping Mauer stays safe too. :bighug:

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Best of luck with your procedure and test results. :bighug::bighug::bighug: When I wanted Neko to be safe, I reduced her dose three cycles before I needed her to be safe, then shot that reduced dose before I left. That gave enough time to reduce the depot as well.

Ice your arm, take Tylenol. And it may seem odd, but I found exercise the next day really helped the arm recover.

15. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Pfizer. We only have Pfizer and Moderna.

16. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Thanks Katherine :bighug:

I'm out a bit late for that, but I'll reduce her tonight and skip tomorrow. Then hopefully her depot won't make too much trouble.. let's hope!
    My arm is way better today, just sore where I got the shot, but I can use it just fine :D
    I hope I can choose which side to lay on tomorrow!!! :eek:

17. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

I think someone needs to do some research on how cats know what we will be doing.... Look at Mauer, she has not been that green for a while, just on cue to get in your way! I am planning my first day out, and look how Hercules has been today! :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, Mauer will be fine, I am sure! and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for excellent results for you!

p.s. yay for vaccine!

18. tiffmaxee

Good. Most don’t have side effects from it. I got Moderna and the second shot came with lots of side effects.

prayers for you!

19. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good plan! Would be awesome they didn't know and didn't react to it :D:p

Thanks Karen :bighug:

My dad got sick from Pfizer, just a few days... my cousins mother-in-law however is the reason we don't have the AZ... she clotted and died shortly after.

I talked to the hospital about the vaccine and they said go. But I can't make any logic out of getting a vaccine two days before a bone marrow biopsy. It's my immune system they're looking at, a vaccine stimulate it... but that's why I'm not a doctor :D:joyful:

I just realized I don't have the numbers to dose her from.... :oops: I give 4.20mm, that's 2.75U, if 25mm is 0.25U then I minus 50mm if I want to give her 2.25U?
    I just knew I forgot something!!!!!!!!

Hercule's mum likes this.