17/9 Ruddy Amps 2.3 (41) no shot given

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Colleen & Pantera, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Colleen & Pantera

Colleen & Pantera Member

Hi I need some help please. Ruddy's BG # are all over the place and this is the second hypo in a week. He was at 41 pre shot so no insulin given then 259 1/2 hr later after 1 tblspn hi carb food plus his 1 can FF breakfast 1hr after amps he is 316. I tested his brother who is in remission and he is 75 so the meter is fine. What the heck is going on here? So confused. Will he drop again or keep flying high‍♀️https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...IdjyEhpz_E6Prtz6SbWufje931s/edit?usp=drivesdk

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

He didn't like the increase to 1.75 units, so back to 1.5 units.

Is it possible for you to get more tests in the night time cycle? If you are following TR, you need to get a second test at night, maybe just before bed. Many cats go lower at night and we need to see how low he is going on a dose before changing it. I rather suspect you've been missing some lows at night and as a result are seeing bounces.

Here's the link to your last post here, for continuity: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/12-08-20-ruddy-amps-10-1-wanting-to-try-tr-method.233498/

3. Colleen & Pantera

Colleen & Pantera Member

Hi, That makes sense I suspect he has been going low at night but as I only see the higher am# I am not sure. I leave food out over night. I can get a reading at +3 in pm but then I go to bed as its 11pm. He is always higher at +3 so that's why I have been giving him a break. His spreadsheet reflects this. I might get my Husband to wake me at 3.30am which will be + 8hr see what's going on. I haven't been giving the shots so I don't see the needle but it was 1.5u I increased the dose as his pmps numbers were rising and I assumed it was not enough insulin. I will drop back to 1.5u and hold it for 5 days maybe do a curve over weekend before any increase in dose and come on the forum before increasing. What do you reccommend? I just can't get any stabilising with him and it's frustrating knowing what is best for him with the units. Thank you