18/02 * Gremlin * AMPS-232, +2.5-133, +5-85, +6-81, +9.5-83, PMPS 97, +3.5-124

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura and Gremlin (GA), Feb 17, 2021.

1. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo
    I'm mostly home today so I'll do a few more tests through the day. Maybe three hourly. See if he is dropping any lower at other parts of the day.

Missed cuddles again this morning, seems Grem slept in and then was too hungry as I heard him licking empty bowls as I was getting up. Silly kitty. I'm sure I'll get cuddles today.

Hoping to speak to his vet today about Bupe and records of his blood work, etc. I'll keep you all posted.

My deepest sympathy to @Bellasmom. Fly free Andy

Vines and prayers to @Pamela & Amethyst @PerfumedCatMom @JaxBenji @katy and mo and anyone else that needs them!!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  2. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

Thank you Laura:bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Thanks Laura :bighug:

Good luck with the chat with the vet and hope Grem surfs safely :bighug:

4. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Thank you so much, Laura. :bighug: I hear Ruby licking empty bowls too. It's cute and a little sad at the same time because they must be so desperate. Hope Gremlin gives you some sweet cuddles today and his blood work turns out A-okay. Have a great day, Laura!

5. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

About 15 minutes ago he came to me in the kitchen and sat at my feet and meowed at me. I picked him up and he instantly started purring! *insert heart eyes emoji here* I'm now sitting in the lounge and he's on my lap still purring away happily, enjoying cuddles and kisses. Grem is a rare kitty that lets me wrap my arms around him and rest my head on him. Full on cuddles. He also lifts his head up to me for kisses between his ears.

I have called the vet clinic and requested a call back from Grem's vet. Hopefully I can find out about the Bupe and get Grem's blood work results sent through so I can put it on his spreadsheet.
    Katherine @PerfumedCatMom, fortunately it's just old results I'm after as they were requested in here. If he continues well, he won't have more run until April. Oh, and definitely cute/sad with the bowl licking. I can't leave food overnight as I have a VERY greedy civvie. Plus Grem is too deaf to hear the auto-feeder now, and too slow to get there before greedy guts. :facepalm:

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  6. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

Fingers crossed you can get some Bupe for Grem! Sounds like he's been quite perky today! Hope you have a great day, Laura. Vines to you too :bighug:

7. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

No dose increase! He must have been bouncing.
    Thanks Katy! He does seem pretty good today, though he currently looks like a ginger puddle under the table. It's a warm day here so he may be hot. Time for the air con!
    I hope you have a great day, too!!!

katy and mo (GA) likes this.
  8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice on the cuddles and the purrs. Nice surfing today.

9. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

He's still low!!! I was going to test him earlier but he was sound asleep and then I had to go out.

It's been an eventful afternoon! Medically for me and for Grem. Nothing immediate for me but referrals are done regarding a couple of issues.

For Grem, I spoke to his vet... Bupe is a restricted drug here so definitely no compounding by any pharmacies, I can only get it from the vet in pre-measured doses. At least they were $5 a day instead of $11 a day but that's still a huge expense on top of everything else, AND I can only get about a weeks worth at a time. We're trialing him on it for five days, then stopping, and he's booked in for a review in eight days. The hope is that he'll get some relief and will recover somewhat so that he may not need it full time.
    The vet did mention something else he may be able to have but she wants to research it more. I can't remember what she called it but it's been used widely for rabbits and such, less commonly in cats. It's an injection that helps arthritic joins and can be used in association with Meloxicam.
    The review next week will include blood pressure (as they halved the dose of his meds three weeks ago), teeth and gums, and a general exam. No requirement for bloods yet as he's pretty good in himself aside from the occasional off day.
    I have to request his prior blood, etc results from his old vet clinic as apparently the clinic "owns" the history. No guarantee I'll get it but I'll ask.

He's had his first dose of Bupe so I'll see how he goes. I think it was after two or three doses he seemed to really feel good when he had it last year.

katy and mo (GA) likes this.
  10. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Oh wow... 97... Wonder if I'll see a bounce or if it will be a loooooong night...

11. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hopefully a bounce! Today's cycle looks almost identical to that of Feb 15th!

12. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Oooh, very true! I wouldn't mind that gentle increase! Means I can sleep. As much as I hate bounces, I need sleep more!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Grem lets you sleep tonight. I hope everything works out with the meds.

14. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

hmmm bupe is a controlled drug here too so I doubt I'll be able to get it compounded at a pharmacy either...drat. At least it was cheaper for you! We are paying about $38 for 3 vials of 1.3ml and with Mo having 0.3ml 3x per day it all is starting to add up!!

Those are some nice greens, Grem!!! I hope you got some sleep :bighug:

15. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Grem has been given a lower dose 0.2ml twice a day and it cost me just over AU$30 for 5 days. Last time he had it it was 3 days worth (probably of 0.3ml twice a day) and cost me over AU$33. It seems my new vet is just cheaper than the old one. I'm still not sure I can afford AU$180 a month for Bupe on top of all the other costs... I'm a single mum to a teen and can only work part time due to health issues. This sucks. I wonder if I could just give it during the day as he sleeps the night.