18/2 Chico AMPS 239; +2 430; +6 295

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marina & Chico, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  2. Marina & Chico

@Gill & George i am looking at yesterdays numbers and thinking what could we have done better. We clearly got very nervous he went very low very early in the cycle and fed him MC. Yesterday was another confirmation that he increases BG after 20g of 13%. Would he have benefited in the long run if we went less conservative at PM +3 or it wouldn't have made a difference so early in the dose change process ?

3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hope Chico slides down for PMPS :cat: FWIW it looks like he had a lovely cycle last night. I'm sure Gill will be by with words of wisdom :bighug:

Marina & Chico likes this.
  4. Marina & Chico

Thank you :) no matter how nervous we were yesterday we are so ready for a new blue/green cycle :cat::cat:

JaxBenji likes this.
  5. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Hi there
    lets look at last nights cycle and see how that panned out, and what if anything we can learn from it.
    PMPS

• +1 209 20g 2%
    • +2 158 10g 2%+10g 13%
    • +3 103 20g 13%
    • +3.5 115
    • +4.5 103 10g 13%@4.5;
    • +5 110
    • +6 124 10g 2% n@ +6
    Overall a nice cycle, you got in there early with the food, MC/LC mix in equal measures, would have acted overall as about 7.5% carb for that snack at +2.
    Given it was a pm cycle on a work night I think I would have gone for the MC at +3 as well , that got the breaks on. He stayed flat through +3.5 and at +4.5 he was still flat with 103 (in real terms the difference between 115 and 103 is at negligible, especially given meter variance)
    At +4.5 you decided to go with MC again, he might have surfed for you with a LC snack at that point (if you were nervous perhaps a higher LC snack).

With the benefit of hindsight, and if it was in the daytime not on a work night I think you could have tried at LC snack at +3 and +4.5 (maybe higher LC at +3 7%and your regular 2% at +4.5)

That all said you did a good job of slowing him down, and he is spent quite a nice long time last night below that renal threshold, last night he was in low yellow and blue for 12hours, that's a record for Chico, so progress on that front, your strategy is working, it just takes a little time for their bodies to adjust to the new normal.;)

It looks like he may have bounced this morning, and maybe the duration fizzled out to, hence the +2 but it doesn't look like the bounce is going to last long. If he is yellow at PS tonight, you may be in for another interesting cycle. If you can grab a +9 or +10.

How is his tummy and the poop?
    And how is he? still playfull? good appy? pee?

6. Marina & Chico

We felt the same, that we could have let him go a bit lower, i hope our tolerance to lower numbers will increase and we won't get scared as early. It is important that we understood that it is a pattern for him to react at 20g 13%. Our limit wasn't a working night, my husband was anyway awake monitoring him, it was mainly our fear that we still had a lot of hours until nadir and we didn't know how low could he go.

Recently we learned that his BG is high if he lies down on his pillow by the window without much interest in what is happening around. If he walks around the flat and sniffs things, and tries to play and search for attention his BG will be low. So respectively in the morning he was pretty apathic, during the day he showed already some interest in smells and things.

I don't want to jinx it but luckily he has always good appetite.

A first in a while he still didn't poo today, lately he would go 2-4 times a day, depending on how bad his tummy was. I started grading his poo in order to track progress, 1-liquid 5- firm. Yesterday he still did two times a 3. Today is our second day of antibiotics so i am hoping to start seeing some progress.

Thanks for your insight :)

7. Gill & George

George was like that to, in the lower healthier numbers he got more active.
    i also found he would come and find me when his BG dropped suddenly, or if he was low he would look for food, in other words he would come and pester me. That was good to know because I knew he would look for food when I left it in the autofeeder and went out or needed to sleep.

That's a good plan, I had meant to ask what poo 3 meant on the ss:joyful:

It will get easier, to see those greens, in the end you will be disappointed when you see a blue.

He is making progress, and if you can get his tummy troubles behind him that will be even better.

8. Gill & George

That was a low pink pmps.
    Hope he has a nice cycle.

9. Marina & Chico

We will find out in 20 min :)

Gill & George likes this.