181 shoot or NS ?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Adam2020, Oct 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam2020

Adam2020 Member

Good morning. Adam is down to 188 . I was told don't shoot under 200 by the vet but see other shoot much lower. So what should I do ? He is on 1 1/2 units of Pro Zinc . His numbers are on his spreadsheet and I am home all day to test if needed or my daughter can test of we go out. A little nervous but he needs to stay low he has been in the 400 for months now and the vet is no help.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi,

Have you fed Adam yet? If not, you can stall without feeding and test in 20 minutes to see whether his BG is rising. With luck he might be over the 200 by then.

I can't give you any more specific help because I've not used Prozinc but please post again with the post-stall BG. There may be other members online by then who could give you more Prozinc-specific guidance.

Mogs

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  3. Adam2020

Adam2020 Member

No we haven't fed yet. But he is hungry and getting pissy lol
    If you look at his spreadsheet you can see he was doing pretty good then went back up again. I think I can shoot and he will be ok. I know what to do if he hypos I just didn't want to deal with it . I will be home to test anyways it's just jumping in with both feet is a bit of a worry.

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Nick just be confident with your testing. If a test fails gather yourself up and calmly try again and above all...
    DONT FORGET TO BREATHE. :bighug:;)

5. Adam2020

Adam2020 Member

I just didn't shoot. I have to get more comfortable with doing it even though I know it isnt low.

6. jt and trouble (GA)

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered but ,do you check for keytones in Adams urine?

7. Adam2020

Adam2020 Member

No I don't check. No one told me to and idk what it's for

8. jt and trouble (GA)

9. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

Adam next time post on the prozync forum and you have the option to give a token dose 10-20% of the regular dose instead of skipping the shot

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.