1st Day back on FDMB

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Stephanie & Max, Sep 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephanie & Max

Stephanie & Max Member

My name is Stephanie and I was first here back in 2008 with my kitty Sherman. I changed my name from Stephanie & Sherman (GA) to now Stephanie & Max.

I'm so glad to be back in such a supportive community. It is hitting me to see the names of those no longer with us in Sticky's. Having a diabetic kitty is such a bonding experience. Bonding with your furbaby and bonding with those here. But I'm grateful that I had a chance to know so many wonderful people and kitties and look forward to knowing everyone here now.

Many things are different with for me from when I was here with Sherman. I'm no longer working due to disability and I have some cognitive issues now. I'm feeling nervous about having to read and re-read things I use to know about feline diabetes. Things just don't stick in my mind like they use to. I can't see the blood drop as easily as I use or the lancets. I'm worried I will make mistakes.

My household is very different now as well. Sherman had four siblings, Max being one of them. Sadly Max is my only remaining furbaby from that time. Max is from California is now one of my oldest at 14 years old. He has six brothers and one sister. Conrad aka Connie is 15, Albus aka Alby is 12 and Neela is 8 and they are from Washington. Five years ago Max, Connie, Alby & Neela made the long drive to our new home in Kansas. Neville who is 14 was adopted a year after that. Last year I adopted two kitten brothers named Dobby & Bertie who are just over a year old now. It's been so long since I've had young cats. They have really changed the dynamics of our family. Alby & Neville who never cuddled with the others are now cuddling with Bertie & Dobby. Max, who loves cuddling, and had lost all of his cuddle buddies now is cuddling with them as well.

When Max was 2 he took over as my alpha man in charge from his brother Buzzbee. The last few months Bertie has been making steps to take the title from Max but I don't know if it's because he doesn't feel good or if he's ready to hand over the responsibility.

I look forward to meeting you all and letting you know my Max. He is a sweet, funny, bossy boy, who loves to sit on my chest and gently bite my nose over and over. I love him dearly.

If ever I forget that we have talked or ask a question I have asked before, my apologies. My memory is not great right now. Feel free to post a link to a previous talk or message.

In daily posts I’ll call Max, Max2 to alleviate any confusion with the other Max.

Max's 1st day back so far: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...ps-252-3-312-6-308-9-325.252809/#post-2852311
    ~Stephanie & Max

2. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the information and introduction. Lots of kitties to keep track of. I totally understand cognitive issues although for me I believe it due to plain old aging. I struggle with my vision as well, I have macular degeneration, so I use calipers for dosing and so far most syringes I’ve used have crooked lines. It’s a double check for me plus my husband checks as well. Feline diabetes is a lot of work as you already know so I don’t think there are many of us that don’t forget things or repeat ourselves. Look forward to getting to know you and Max. :):cat:

Stephanie & Max likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.