2/1 Jack 210@AMPS, day 5 on 8.5u

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jack & Mopem'sMom, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Jack & Mopem'sMom Well-Known Member

So Day 5 on the 8.5 units dose started lower than yesterday, but not as low as I'd like to see it. Jack seems to be doing ok on this dose, still higher than he should be though. Contemplating trying an 8.75 dose if we don't see any greens by the end of the week. I won't be working from home the next few days so any increase has to wait til the weekend when I can be around to monitor more closely. And, miracle of miracles today- Jack ate a decent amount of pate and not that much kibble for breakfast; after days of only condescending to eat filets and kibble. We shall see what that does to his numbers.

Also- his blood ketones are still good; ranging from 0.2 to 0.4 depending on his BG. He never goes below 0.2 for some reason. Vet claims some cats naturally have some ketones present in their blood- who knows. He is acting fine, so I'm not worrying.

Yesterday's thread: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-31-jack-296-amps-day-4-on-8-5u.273645/