? 2/10 Bingley AMPS 85, +4 74, +7 83, PMPS 98 : Dosing question!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Li & Bingley, Feb 10, 2023.

1. Li & Bingley

Li & Bingley Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/11-28-bingley-amps-95-5-73.271264/

Hello! It's been a couple months since I last posted, mostly because Bingley's been tightly regulated and I felt like I had a handle on what to do. But now I'm unsure. His lowest dose was 1.75U before I decided to increase again in Dec 2022. We are now at 2.75, but his numbers have stayed relatively the same since his 1.75 dose. That is, mostly in the 80-90's, with smatterings of low 100's on one end, and low 70's on the other.

So now I'm perplexed! Why aren't his numbers moving? On on hand, I'm happy he's tightly regulated, and that I haven't been close to breaking out the hypo kit. On the other hand, I feel I should be more aggressive towards the goal of remission. Is remission still in the cards? Hold the dose or increase?

Any insight is appreciated!!

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

His numbers are looking good! I am wondering if you can increase to nudge out some of the blues but I will tag @Wendy&Neko for confirmation.

Li & Bingley likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I noticed he's gained about 5 oz in a little under a month. Where do you think his weight is in relation to ideal?

I think, if you are around to monitor, you could try another increase to see if you can lower those blue numbers.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Li & Bingley

Li & Bingley Member

His weight is good. He had lost 3lbs when unregulated, and gained back a little more than half of it. He had started off overweight so now he's good. Vet said under 14lbs is ideal.

5. Karen and Chispa

Karen and Chispa Well-Known Member

Delighted to see that Bingley is doing so well! :D:cat::bighug: