? 2/16 Bijan amps 500, +5 395

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by bijer, Feb 16, 2023.

1. bijer

bijer Member

Hi Everyone, I am learning I have a really bouncy kitty (link to my meltdown last week lol) and it's getting increasingly difficult to know if TR or SLGS is the way to go with his dosing. We are currently at 1.5 of Lantis and some days he dips down into blues and greens, and then almost like clock work back high for the next cycle, alternating AM and PMs.

Can anyone share any advice as to whether or not we should hold 1.5 or increase it? Any advice on how to deal with the bounciness?

We are currently away from our home visiting family (with all of our supplies) but there are some doggies and a baby here so Bijan is a bit on edge meeting these friends when not hiding out in our room so I think this can be a factor.

I am feeling better though that even though he is high it's more consistently lower than he started out to be but there are cycles now where it seems like insulin is not even doing anything.

thank you in advance :)

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The good news is that your cat is getting to really good numbers - last night he dove down to some really good healing numbers. Plus cycles with some green in them seem closer together now, meaning the bounces aren't lasting as long.

The bad news is the dive, he really likes to drop fast. Has anyone talked to you about using food to manipulate the curve and slow down the fast drops? Using Food to Manipulate the Curve I found fast drops produced worse bounces then drops to low numbers.

Since he got to low 50's last night, I'd be reluctant to increase right now. Maybe once you've slowed how fast he drops, that might bring up the nadirs and allow you to increase safely.

bijer likes this.
  3. bijer

bijer Member

Hi @Wendy&Neko thanks for the reply, yes he actually eats little by little after his meal time and grazes his meal throughout the day. He seems to think he is full but then comes back soon after for seconds and I encourage the thirds and fourths at +1 and +2 and +3 if I am around and can. I'll keep an eye on him and write back in a few cycles to see how he's doing. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi @bijer you are using the Libre, right? If yes, could you please change the Freestyle 2 in the SS & Signature to Freestyle Libre 2? The Libre often reads much lower at lower numbers.