? 2/16 PMPS 326 + 304 Hold 3 units?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by babyg, Feb 16, 2023.

1. babyg

babyg Well-Known Member

Hello,

It's been a while since I posted since I had a lot going on with work, so please bear with me, lol.
    Basically, my cat was doing decent on 3 units and then one day I accidentally overslept and ever since then, I feel like things got messed up. :banghead: Based on previous vet advice, when the 3 dropped her to 120 something, I decreased her dose and ended up keeping her on what I think was too low of a dose for too long because the vet said I was changing her dose too frequently (now I wish I had just kept her on the 3 and not freaked out and listened). Yesterday I put her back on 3 units since that was the last good dose, but her numbers have been consistently high now. Not sure why she's being so high. I know it can take a few days to a week for the depot to build back up again but am feeling so frustrated to be backwards now. I was slowly starting to get more comfortable with blue numbers and was fine with 180s/190s, so would like to get us now to that <=150 nadir. If you look at her spreadsheet, the highest dose she's been on is 3.75. Looking at her numbers now, do you think to keep her on the 3 for a whole week since that was the most recent dose that got us between the SLGLS <=150 nadir goal, or to go up to one of the higher doses sooner?

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I would keep the 3 units for a week (as per the SLGS dosing method) unless you drop under 90 in which case you would reduce the dose by 0.25 units.
    If you keep the dose for too long (longer than 7 days) if the dose needs to be increased, you risk glucose toxicity which will mean you may have to increase the dose more than you otherwise would have if you had increased sooner.

Suzanne & Darcy and babyg like this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

With SLGS you hold doses for 1 week. She dropped to 129 on 3U last night and maybe even a little lower (since bounce clearing cycles have later nadirs). You want to hold the 3U dose and try and get as many spot checks as you can to see how low she is going on it.

Bron and Sheba (GA) and babyg like this.
  4. babyg

babyg Well-Known Member

Thank you; will do!

Bandit's Mom likes this.