2/17 Maki, 191 +2 136, +3 118

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Patricia & Maki (GA), Feb 17, 2021.

1. Patricia & Maki (GA)

Patricia & Maki (GA) Member

I tested Maki when I got home. Her last insulin was yesterday.

So now what?

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

How are you? Can anyone feed her after you go to bed? If so I would give .50. If not I can’t suggest you shoot.

3. Patricia & Maki (GA)

I will tell my partner what to feed and when based on what you tell me. I hope I bounce back fast. Saw this coming a bit as I was getting more and more tired last week. Ugh.

I will give .5 unit now. Then feed. Then test at +2…?

4. Patricia & Maki (GA)

Thank you for your concern and all suggestions, help, thoughts.

5. tiffmaxee

A +2 will be good.

6. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Hi Patricia, I'm linking your yesterday condo for you to this one: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/2-16-maki-amps-168-pmps-208-2-186.243202/#post-2743112

You asked about the :cool: yesterday. When you type a message, there are a number of icons across the top of the message box. Look for the one that looks like a smiling face and click on it. When you do, a number of faces appear at the bottom of the message box. If you hover the mouse pointer over each face, it will tell you what it means! The:cool: says "cool", but we also like to use it for when people's kitties get blue numbers.

Work that juice, Maki.
    I hope you will be able to heal enough to get off of bed rest soon, Patricia:bighug:.

7. Patricia & Maki (GA)

Thanks for the emoji explanation. You've probably gathered I am not the most adept tech person. Thank you for linking my condo. I didn't know how to do it from my phone.

Thank you for such kind words and the well wishes. I wish my partner would take the level of interest necessary to take care of Maki at this level of detail. He's more a believer in cats take care off themselves. I have expressed how much you have all done for Maki in such a short time. He agrees and yet fed her FF with gravy today from my hypo kit.

Ok, not complaining just explaining as I would be wondering what type of life do these people live. So, yes, a bit weird but as the true animal lover, I want to take care and give Maki her best life.

8. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Hope you feel better soon!

9. Patricia & Maki (GA)

Thank you. Unfortunately this is part of my disability and way of life now. I finally accepted this after 8+ years of fighting and trying to be 'cured'. So for many reasons Maki is my world. She's seen me thru them worst of it at times. I just hope to keep the admissions and long stays to a minimum for her sake now.

FrostD likes this.
  10. Patricia & Maki (GA)

So as Part of what Purina is calling a US wide cat food shortage due to covid, I was forced to purchase other foods for her as her FF was running out.

I have not started the new food yet though. I wanted to check them with you folks. Before I could I was rushed into hospital.

I got her tiki cat luau, weruva, Sheba pates, and BFF. I think I did ok, but want your approvals before I start mixing up her foods. I literally went to 5 stores and got the only FF classics left in our area also.

11. Patricia & Maki (GA)

+2 = 136

Feeding her. Well partner is feeding Maki FF pate until our new foods are approved by this team.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  12. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Patricia, am only just catching up with you messages. Went to bed before you posted. I hope you are feeling better now. :bighug:

All brands have low carb as well as higher carb variants. Whenever possible, you or your partner could look up the list here to see what the carb% of the new foods are:
    https://catinfo.org/chart/index.php

I hope you feel better soon!

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  13. Butters & Lyla

Here is another food list. It lists % carbs (as well as many other things), but it is from 2020, so if a food you have is not listed on the one Bhooma posted you may want to check here:
    https://felinecrf.org/canned_food_usa.htm

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  14. Patricia & Maki (GA)

Excellent. Between both your lists I found all foods. The highest was one Weruva at 9 carbs. So will set that aside but all the others are good to go. Now. Is it risky to mix up her foods? As in serve FF one night, then Sheba, then Tiki Cat?

15. tiffmaxee

She’s dropping already. Get a +4.
    9% is still low carb, anything under 10% is. As long as no intestinal issues mixing brands is fine.

16. Bandit's Mom

And... there's no rush, but when you can, could you please update her SS? Thanks :)

17. Patricia & Maki (GA)

I am still having problem updating SS via phone. While on bed rest my computer gets confiscated.. Or I tend to work..I am supposed to be getting my blood pressure, glucose, and cortisol stabilized. Work is not always conducive to those. Bahaha.

So as of tonight Maki had .5 units and +2=136. Sorry for my delays on updating...

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  18. tiffmaxee

Ok. I would get a +3. I bet it’s under 100.

19. Patricia & Maki (GA)

+3 = 118, guessing her second FF meal after +2 helped?

20. tiffmaxee

Feed a little more. Nice slow decline is great!

Patricia & Maki (GA) likes this.
  21. Bandit's Mom

Yup, the meal helped. I don't think she'll drop drastically tonight. Feed some more now and leave food out. Good night! :)

22. Butters & Lyla

:arghh:! Maybe the hypo kit can be kept separate from Maki's low carb foods. I keep Butters's hypo kit in a shoe box in a cabinet in my living room. Just a suggestion. Hopefully your partner will come around. It all takes some getting used to and there is a lot to learn.
    You'll learn all of the tech stuff with time and practice. You're doing well:).