2/18 Howie AMPS=259, +11.75=221, PMPS=221

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Howiesmom, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

@Wendy&Neko
    I’m in a frustrating spot with Howie. He went screaming down the dose scale as he broke through glucose toxicity in mid-January and we started cabergoline. However, now I’ve had to increase his dose from 30 units to 33 units and bring R back into the picture which doesn’t seem to have much effect. I hope his IAA antibodies and glucose toxicity isn't sneaking back into our lives. I really enjoyed my short time using just one syringe.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It'll take six cycles for the depot of the new dose to build. Plus you can see New Dose Wonkiness after an increase. Time for a little patience.

3. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

Thanks, Wendy! I needed that reminder. I don’t like these yellows!

4. Wendy&Neko

We get spoiled easily by those lovely greens!

5. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

Hi Wendy, do you think I should increase to 36 units tomorrow (Sunday)? I’m still not finding an R dose (yet) that’s dropping him enough to get a nadir around 100. Thanks!

6. Wendy&Neko

Yes on the increase, provided you don't see green tonight.

7. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

Should I stick with 6 cycles before making dose increases like before? I know you said rules don’t necessarily apply with cabergoline for decreases but wasn’t sure if that still was the case with unfortunate increases too.

8. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. I'm sorry that you've having these struggles. Is Howie happy, though? He's so cute!!

9. Wendy&Neko

Yes, stick with six cycles. He's numbers aren't that bad. Different story if he was only seeing pink nadirs. For decreases, we have seen really strong reactions, so the guidelines on decreases are due to larger depots being a real pain!

Howiesmom likes this.
  10. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

Got it...thanks! Back up to 36 units tomorrow. His PM +3 was 211...almost an 80 point jump from his PMPS. I wish I knew what was going on, he was doing so good for so long! I’ve only been increasing his R by .5units. Can I try a whole 1 unit increase? It just seems to have little effect...even mid-day doses.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  11. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

Howie is a happy kittie! Except today when I trimmed his nails after his snack and he projectile vomited all over. A “gentle” reminder that he hates his toes being touched! He makes me laugh everyday!

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  12. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Yes. Funny. I have a few kitties who absolutely LOVE a good toe massage. They spread their toes out wide while I rub between their toes. Other cats.... you just don’t want to attempt it without another person or two to help!!