? 2/19 Bijan AMPS 55

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by bijer, Feb 18, 2023.

1. bijer

bijer Member

Hi Goodmorning everyone- Bijan has had a nice night of blues and greens. We still have an hour or two before our AM shoot. I am wondering what I should do if he continues to stay under 100 this morning since this nadir is lower than usual for him? In SLGS I would normally skip the dose but I have not faced this since we switched over to TR.

I will double check his reading w a meter reading to be accurate.

TYSM

2. Cali S

Cali S Member

As long as he’s on his way up with the PS#, I’d feel pretty comfortable shooting the full dose as long as you’re going to be around to monitor. I suspect Bijan is going to bounce back up a bit after such a low nadir!

bijer likes this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Lovely green streak! :D

Has he gotten food to stop him dropping too low to shoot? With TR, you can shoot any number over 50 if you can monitor. Also, you can reasonably expect him to bounce from these greens so insulin will help counter that to some extent.

Will be good to get a test with a meter to see where he is.

bijer likes this.
  4. bijer

bijer Member

Yes he was munching all night!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  5. Bandit's Mom

And just to confirm, the 55 was at +10? Were you able to get a test with a meter?

6. bijer

bijer Member

AMPS was back up to 345 I checked with the meter.

But I just came from the gym to see the libre freestyle 2 has stopped working so we only have the meter to go off of :( We can't get home until next Thursday to replace it. Planning to hold the 1.5 and just do preshots with the meter and maybe a 1 other between cycles we are having a hard time with the shooting he is not a fan and cries a lot :( Do you think that I should revert to SLGS? i feel like even though he is a bit bouncy 1.5 seems to be a safe zone.

@Cali S
    @Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

8. Bandit's Mom

Stay with 1.5U. The Libre reads lower than a human meter. Make sure he always has access to food. Testing does get easier with time. @tessa's mom had a hard time testing Tessa and was also using the Libre. She has now switched to a meter. Maybe some treats will help make testing and shooting easier?

bijer likes this.
  9. tessa's mom

tessa's mom Member

Testing definitely gets easier over time! If you go back through my posts (early January and before), you'll see plenty of comments by me feeling overwhelmed and defeated that I couldn't manually test her. I cried a lot because I felt like a massive failure. But I kept at it and it got easier and easier.

I ditched the Libre about a month ago and testing Tessa has only gotten easier. When Tessa hears me running the microwave to heat up her mini heating pad, she goes to her testing spot and waits for me because she knows that she's either getting food or a treat immediately after test time.

I definitely recommend getting some "jackpot" treats, ones that she only really gets for test time. I use Fancy Feast Purely Natural treats which are essentially tiny pouches of cooked meat - chicken, tuna, or salmon. There's a variety pack or you can buy all one flavor. Tessa goes nuts for these and I know they're low carb because the only ingredient is meat.

https://www.chewy.com/fancy-feast-purely-natural-variety/dp/130371

Also, attitude is everything. If you walk up feeling like you're not going to be able to do it, you'll be more likely to give up if you hit a speed bump (like he whips his head right after you poke him and he gets blood droplets everywhere). Stand in front of the mirror and tell yourself "I can do this, I will do this" and then go for it.

10. bijer

bijer Member

I just
    thank you so much friends. I just got bijer those treats!!! to do just that. We had a great AMPS first poke, fingers crossed its a trend. He seems happier to be naked without the sensor too

11. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

bijer likes this.