2/19. Do Daa. AMPS 157, PMPS 300...

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Goose, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Goose

Goose Member

Previous Thread

SS Updated.

@PMPS +6 he hit a 56. He was Reduced to 2u @AMPS.

2/19. Do Daa. AMPS 157, PMPS 300...

On 2u for the next 7 days unless he hits another 90 or lower....

2. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Good catch last night. I wondered if he'd be up to some shenanigans with that preshot after his am cycle! What a turkey, he didn't need to be so dramatic :rolleyes:

Goose likes this.
  3. Goose

Goose Member

I'd like it if he wasn't so dramatic, that's for sure. It was an early AM w/testing. I was surprised by the Blue amps and we weren't going to be available for him so he had to have a boost w/gravy and a little dry food (=pinks) so that after the insulin started to work, that 157 didn't turn into a 90 or lower with no one here to test him. To me, there doesn't seem to be much of a depot of Lantus happening...

4. Christie & Maverick

Looks like he started a nice bounce from the lower numbers last night. Better to be safe though as you did, to have some extra food for him if you aren't sure what he might get up to.

5. Goose

Goose Member

I'm sure you're right about the bounce from the 56. I'd rather error on the safe side and make sure he won't fall past safe levels.
    Thank you for posting!

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  6. Christie & Maverick

I used to do that too, just in case, when I'd have to leave and couldn't monitor through the cycle, although sometimes for me, the +1 gave me a good idea whether I'd need some higher LC or just his usual food. If I wasn't sure, I'd leave higher carb. I'd rather not have to worry, I do enough of that anyway!

Goose likes this.