? 2/2 Buddy AMPS 138 +4 57 +5.5 +58 - what should we do?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by lbeachstace, Feb 2, 2023.

1. lbeachstace

lbeachstace Member

Feels like someone wants a reduction! Look at these numbers!!!

But seriously....We aren't sure what we should be doing? We will be testing again at the next 1 hour mark but do we reduce him 1/4 tonite? No reduction yet?

@Wendy&Neko

Last Thread

2. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

I'll let one of the experts like Wendy chime in but as frustrating as it might be, if you're following TR to the letter these high 50s do not earn a reduction. Has to be under 50.

I went through the same thing with Hendrick, I wanted so badly to reduce the dose at times but technically a number above 50 means just stay the course, shoot the same dose.

However, maybe someone like Wendy, Suzanne, Bhooma or Elise will have different analysis. I am watching this closely; also wondering what the final answer will be.

3. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

4. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

great cycle. Look at all that healing green! Go Buddy go. :bighug:

lbeachstace likes this.
  5. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

He is looking great! Just hold the dose till he earns a reduction. All those greens are a healing zone for his pancreas. He seems to drop quite a bit at onset. Does he get a snack at +1 and +2? That might help reduce the diving and smoothen the curve.

lbeachstace likes this.
  6. lbeachstace

lbeachstace Member

Hi @Bandit's Mom - yes, we snack him. During the day he gets a snack at +3 usually and then +8ish. At night he gets +2. (We keep note of all these in his SS)

7. Bandit's Mom

You might want to break up the meal you give at PS and feed some of it at +1 and +2.

lbeachstace likes this.
  8. lbeachstace

lbeachstace Member

Will give that a try, since he’s not been excited about eating full meals and this may be the better solution for him.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  9. Bandit's Mom

It's better if he eats smaller portions more often in the first half of the cycle. Multiple smaller meals are also easier on the pancreas and also help with flattening the curve.

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What a lovely day for Buddy. :D I like Bhooma's idea of giving some snacks a littler earlier before onset, to soften the drop. Onset might be closer to +3 than to +2 for him. Which also means you might want to get some +3's at night before bed.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  11. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

....and then you set an alarm get up and groggily check his BG....and it's 111 :p

the sugar dance keeps us on our toes for sure! Never know which way it is going to pivot...

12. lbeachstace

lbeachstace Member

We will do our absolute best on small snacks after feeding. I am back to work, at the office, almost full time now and my husband's job makes it hard to take breaks at specific times during the day.

We feed late at nite (10pm) - so +3 feedings are something we can try but it has it's challenges for sure...in terms of getting proper sleep. But again, we will do the very best we can for him on this.

13. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

oh wow your PM insulin dose is 10pm? oof

mine was 630pm and even then I was up late many nights

lbeachstace likes this.
  14. lbeachstace

lbeachstace Member

yes, we do 10 am/pm - worked easiest for our general lifestyle. that's why the pm stuff is so hard, +2, +3, +4 is painful :/