2/2 Tessa AMPS 70 +2 91 +4 85 +8 69 PMPS 69

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tessa's mom, Feb 2, 2023.

1. tessa's mom

tessa's mom Member

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

:D:D:D

Did the acne clear up on its own?

tessa's mom likes this.
  3. tessa's mom

tessa's mom Member

I cleaned her chin twice a day with a pet wound cleaner (MicrocynAH Cat Wound & Skin Care). It had the same active ingredient as a product sold specifically for cat acne so I figured it was worth a shot.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

My first cat had chin acne breakouts. The vet used to give a round of Batril and prednisone. Stupid vet. It never was infected. Glad it went away. Any idea what caused it?

tessa's mom likes this.
  5. tessa's mom

tessa's mom Member

It started right after we bought a timed feeder that had plastic bowl inserts so I assume it was the plastic. Prior to that, she ate out of stainless steel bowls and her water fountain is ceramic.

6. Carole & Indigo

Carole & Indigo Well-Known Member

I have a Catemate C300 and am not a fan of plastic bowls, I was able to find tiny stainless steel dip bowls on Amazon the fit in the bowls of the feeder so he is not eating out of the plastic :)

tessa's mom and tiffmaxee like this.
  7. tiffmaxee

With Mandy I switched from plastic to glass but she still had breakouts. No clue why. My vet doesn’t think plastic is the cause of acne but let’s hope it is and no more for Tessa.

tessa's mom likes this.
  8. tessa's mom

tessa's mom Member

I ordered the Catmate C200 and stainless steel inserts as soon as I noticed the acne. Just arrived yesterday and she ate her overnight meals out of that. The matte texture of the stainless steel is kind of strange but she doesn't seem to mind it.

9. tessa's mom

tessa's mom Member

I suspect that she's had some blackheads for awhile because she has oily skin and is likely more prone to acne but I never noticed them because of her fur coloring. This was pretty obvious though, it was a pink bump that looks a lot like a human pimple:

[​IMG]

The timing makes me think it was the plastic feeder. She started using it January 19th, I first noticed the bump on January 25th.

10. tiffmaxee

Looks exactly like what Mandy had.

tessa's mom likes this.
  11. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Another great start for today, keep going Tessa. I'm glad her chin acne is clearing up. Our babies even have to get darn chin acne ! Have a nice day Jess :cat:

tessa's mom likes this.