? 2/20 Abby amps 96 / +4 106 could Lantus be expired?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SDAbby, Feb 20, 2021.

1. SDAbby

SDAbby Member

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Nice start for Abby :D Hope you have a wonderful day!

SDAbby likes this.
  3. SDAbby

SDAbby Member

Thanks! Glad Jax is feeling better!

JaxBenji likes this.
  4. SDAbby

SDAbby Member

Hi all - given Abby’s flat cycles and that I am at 6 months with this vial, could it be that lantus is no longer working but Abby’s numbers are staying ok without it? I know she still technically has nadirs so probably not, I’m just curious where I go from here...

5. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

When it goes off it usually get's cloudy, or you can see bits floating in it.

Have you been keeping it in the fridge?

Nice start.
    I saw you were asking about dose yesterday.
    She does appear to be trending up overall, but with no later tests in the pm cycle I would be hesitant to take her up to 0.25u, if you can get some later tests in that pm cycle and don't see any significantly low nadirs you could go up in dose.
    Of course today she's had a lovely start so see where that leads.

6. SDAbby

SDAbby Member

Yes I’ve been storing in fridge and it is still clear and no bits floating so thanks for that info!

Ok I will try to get some later tests before doing a change either way. She is definitely feeling better - she fights her tests when she is in normal range (so I almost know where she will be at before I poke her). Thanks.

7. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

George did that when we got on to the small doses, weird really, because he never protested before that.

Good to hear that she is feeling better, we get so fixated on insulin doses and numbers, sometimes we need to stop and just remember how much progress they have made

SDAbby likes this.