2/20 Darcy PMPS 388, +3 390, +4 368

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne & Darcy, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Bit high today, one red number, evening shot was one hour late so I'm waiting for about 15 more minutes to give him the +4 test and go to bed. Tomorrow plan to do the 19 L and 1.5 R again? I hope he breaks soon. These pens aren't going to last long and I'm considering the Levemir switch, even though doesn't react to the Lantus at all... just his normal, happy self. But if I do switch to Lev, what do you do with the initial dosing when you switch... I don't want to lose a bunch of ground if I make the switch. Also, if it is a lot more expensive, I may not be able to do it anyway. I have no idea how much more insulin he will take.

Okay to do 19 L and 1.5 R tomorrow? He's a stubborn boy.. funny for such a sweet boy to be such a problem child. He's in my lap right now!

yesterday's post: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...-3-359-4-370-ketones-0-6.243383/#post-2745475

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yes on your plan, except I'd bump the R to 2 units. You could be fighting a little NDW right now.

When you switch between the L insulins, the idea is to start at 70% of the dose of the first one. Some cats react strongly to a change. I have seen a cat who loved pink see his first greens in the first couple cycles after a switch, and that was a reduced dose. We can fast track you back up after 4 cycles if it's not doing anything. Note to any lurkers, this is a plan for Darcy only. Oh, and you can get Levemir either in the Supply Closet forum or though Marks as well. Price should be similar.
    Awesome, he must be feeling Ok then. :)

Pamela & Amethyst likes this.
  3. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Thank you. 19 and 2. Got it. Night!

4. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member