2/22 Ruby PMPS 112/+2 108/+4 94

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Yesterday we were on poop watch but I am happy to report that this morning there was a lot of digging in the litter box and Ruby produced a happy solid poop. :woot: DJ Olive will be spinning all of your 80s favorites at the party. Raw duck canapés will be passed around. :p

Did not give her another dose of metronidazole this morning and will call her vet to make sure that’s the right thing to do.

Healing thoughts for all of the sick kitties and hugs to you beans. Happy Monday to all. :bighug:

JOJI and Kit, RachelG and Mariette like this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay for poop! Nice start today. I hope Ruby surfs safely.

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  3. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Oh joy:joyful:. Glad to hear the trains are back up and running once again!
    Have a good day. Surf safely, Ruby!

4. Katherine&Ruby

+4 = 61. Ruby's having a really nice cycle so far but she is refusing food again. :arghh: She didn't eat her +4 meal last night and although I can tell she is hungry and she circles her food bowl she is not eating. Gave her 1 mg ondansetron, so I hope that helps. Called the vet to see if I should continue to give her the metronidazole.

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Morning Katherine, yeah for the nice poop.
    Why do these kitties make us worry when they don't want to eat.I hope the
    ondansetron helps. Give her kisses for me. I hope you have a good day and Ruby
    starts to eat ♥:bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Katherine&Ruby

+5 = 68. She just licked up her +3 meal, so maybe the ondansetron worked?

Diane Tyler's Mom and Mariette like this.
  7. Mariette

Mariette Member

Great news about the poop.
    At least that's one less thing to worry aboout today :bighug:

8. Katherine&Ruby

It's such an emotional rollercoaster. I really thought the bout of no eating was over. Am glad I made the appointment with the internist on Thursday so we can at least hone in on what might be going on.

Mariette likes this.
  9. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hurray for poop! hope Ruby gets back to eating her foods :bighug: Have a wonderful day, Katherine :cat:

10. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

Yeah, this might be long term, the not wanting to eat. Best just to do that Ondansetron every day for awhile, that is what I would be doing. The Metro is antibiotic - why was she on that? (You don't have to answer all these questions, I get really involved in medical stuff!!)

11. RachelG

RachelG Member

Nothing like a good BM! I really hope her appetite improves and you can have a little respite from the craziness. :bighug:

12. Katherine&Ruby

She had a few watery poos last week and the metronidazole seemed to make her feel a lot better. Just spoke to her vet who suggested that I keep giving it to her for another day or two to make sure she's more stable.

13. Mariette

Mariette Member

I know you're being super careful with the types of food she gets and this is probably a dumb suggestion, but could you maybe try good old Fancy Feast? See if she shows any interest at all? Or is it not acceptable for her?
    I got Buddy some Wellness core95 Turkey on the weekend that he absolutely loves. (Amazon order. Unfortunately you can only order a case though)
    But I'm sure you can tell if it's a food issue or general inappetence.

14. Katherine&Ruby

Thanks, Rachel! You've been through so much with your Fortune, I know you understand how every little indicator seems to be so important.

RachelG likes this.
  15. Katherine&Ruby

The low carb FF options are high in phosphorus, so that's why I don't feed it to her anymore. I switch her food up all the time and frankly she's not very picky except when she's not feeling well. The one thing she seems to like despite her nausea is the raw duck. I guess because it smells good and maybe something about the texture is less off putting than pate from a pouch. There might also be something in the Weruva food, like guar gum, that is making her feel sick. Now that you mention it, I should homecook something bland for her to try.

Diane Tyler's Mom and Mariette like this.
  16. Katherine&Ruby

And @Mariette, there's no such thing as a dumb suggestion. Always happy to hear any suggestions and tips. I have been feeling so helpless with Ruby that I'm grateful to you and all of the others here for wisdom. :bighug:

17. Mariette

Mariette Member

It's the worst when you feel like you're spinning your wheels. Sometimes a wrong suggestion can spark an idea of something else to try right? :bookworm:
    I really hope you get some answers this week from the internist

18. RachelG

RachelG Member

Fried chicken like KFC with bone, skin and gristle removed is always appetizing to Fortune and Marty. Just an idea if she won’t eat anything.

I feel the exact same way - you know when your cat is *off* and it sounds like Ruby is only picky when she is feeling nauseous, so that’s an important clue. She is lucky to have you taking care of her :bighug:

19. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

an 80s beach party for poop! :bighug:
    kit is packing her overnight bag. :cool:

20. Katherine&Ruby

Found another buried poop, so it's actually a DOUBLE POOP PAHTAY! :joyful:

PMPS = 112. I am blaming all of the Greenie pill pockets she is eating for the high numbers. Gave her cerenia and ondansetron today, and am continuing the antibiotic until tomorrow as per the vet. Has anyone ever had the metronidazole as a "Medi Melt" tablet? It's what is written on the bottle. I read that they come in chicken liver flavor and they are meant to melt on the tongue. Ruby doesn't seem to mind chewing on it though I think it makes her tongue green and she spends a lot of time licking her chops and cleaning herself afterwards.

RachelG likes this.
  21. RachelG

RachelG Member

Yay for more poops! Can you send some of that over to Fortune? He hasn't gotten the memo! :D

Glad she is taking her medicine well - haven't heard of medi melt before.

22. Katherine&Ruby

Happy to spread the wealth! Never ever thought I would be spending so much of my life waiting for a cat to poop. But here we are.

RachelG likes this.
  23. Katherine&Ruby

+2=108. It’s been about two hours since I gave her the anti nausea pills and she is refusing her +2 meal after eating most but not all of her PMPS meal. :arghh: Will wait to see if she eats this meal later. She might be wanting to be contrary for a bit.

24. RachelG

RachelG Member

Yup. Yup yup yup. All of this. Just yup. :D