2/26 Felix new dosage day #2- AMPS 289, +2 326, +5 411

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Felixkitty, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Felixkitty

Felixkitty Member

I increased his dosage yesterday AM & numbers seem to be staying the same/higher. I was seeing some green & blue but now nothing. Do I continue with current dosage for another couple cycles or longer?

Lantus - following TR (insulin new early Dec. We had a power outage a week ago but I don’t think it ever warmed up that much but power was off for over 14 hours & then randomly 7-8 hrs for about 3-4 days. I have a new Lantus pen, time to switch?)

all wet food - ez complete w/cooked chicken (some tiki Chicken when I ran out)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BW5fbSNzZzEJ83V69m7T4pt-wwF8J2VGTtUHGFmfmp0/edit

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

There is a phenomenon we call New Dose Wonkiness, details here: New Dose Wonkiness (NDW) and failed reductions basically temporary higher numbers after an increase. That could explain the higher numbers today. By the way, with TR, you don't need to test as often as you have. Now that you know Felix is going up this cycle, you can stop testing until PMPS.

You will hold this dose a minimum of 6 cycles, perhaps longer, depending on what he does the next few cycles.

3. Felixkitty

Felixkitty Member

Thank you so much!!! Your link to the discussion about NDW - Very helpful. Will do on the 6 cycles (possibly more) - Hopefully we’ll see more blue & green soon here!