2/28 Darcy Mid Day Pre Shot 405, + 1.25 384, +5 321, +6.5 368

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne & Darcy, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Oh boy. We started out this morning in the high 400s and now, for the first time ever, have a black number on his spreadsheet (520). Not in all of 2020 or 2021 has this ever happened. And he did have his 23 units of Lantus last night so I have no idea why he was so high this morning. Anyway, gave 4.5 units R and will give the last remaining dose of Lantus at +18 ish. I think I'm going to have to keep giving R periodically until I can get the Lantus tomorrow morning.

I hope everyone else has a good BG day and all the kitties are happy and healthy!

yesterday's post: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/2-27-darcy-pmps-365-2-325-3-5-353.243841/#post-2750768

2. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

4. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Sorry, Suzanne:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

On the upside, you finally found an R dose that move him 100 points in 4 hours.

I knew Neko was finally getting some good numbers when I saw black bounces as a result.

6. Suzanne & Darcy

I just gave him some more R with his late Lantus dose since he was over 400 ... but it will be okay because the previous R should have worn off by now (almost +8) and I will be with him all afternoon to test him.

That's a good perspective!

7. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

8. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Good luck with the R, and I hope Darcy surfs safely. Have a wonderful rest of your day, Suzanne!

9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

His schedule is a bit wonky right now so it's understandable, even though it's hard to see those numbers.

10. Suzanne & Darcy

@Wendy&Neko are you there? How about giving more R now... It is about 6.5 hours after he last had R... or should we just wait and see what the Lantus is doing. It's time for him to eat again though, and no matter how low carb of food I feed him... go goes up quite a bit... about 100 points.

11. Wendy&Neko

6 hours after the last Lantus is OK to shoot R.

12. Suzanne & Darcy

That's what I was thinking. Thanks. Sorry for the hand-holding request.

13. Wendy&Neko

Today with the 18 hours cycles is unusual circumstances, but at some point we'll have to start thinking of creating an R scale. Typically you'd shoot less R with lower R preshots. For example, 5U R may work with preshots above 400, less for preshots 300-400. Still trying to find the dose that moves him, so it'll be a moving target until we get more data. Once you have more Lantus and we get the depot built up again, it might become clearer.