? 2-28 Panzer PMPS 81/+3 64/ 61@+4/73@ +5.25/73 @+6/SURGERY DOSE

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chrispooky12, Feb 28, 2023.

1. Chrispooky12

Chrispooky12 Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/02-09-panzer-pmps-100-179-4-155-5-128-6questions.274014/

Hello everyone, my surgery is on Friday March 3rd at 1pm which will be +8 AMPS. I will be in the hospital for 24hrs or less if I can help it & I've already got a follow up appointment scheduled for March 17th, so I'm hoping to get back to work on March 20th.

I finally had my appointment to get help on paying my rent & utilities today. They are paying my March rent but can't help with my February utilities because my rent is to high $800 a month. They directed me to a place called Love Inc, it's a church & they have all of my info but I won't know until either Thursday or Monday if they are going to help me.

Panzer has been on 3.75 units since January 20th PMPS dose, he had his last yellow # on January 26th AMPS after starting back on doxycycline on January 26th. So I've kept him at this dose because although he's had some higher blues the greens outway the blues. I do believe he dropped under 50 a couple of times while I was working but I don't have proof so we are still at 3.75 units.

He had his last dose of doxycycline on Feb 23rd, I started him on cosequin on Feb 17th & also plugged in the Feliway diffuser on the 17th. He beat Spook up the following morning after plugging the diffuser in. I literally had to pull him off of Spook who was absolutely terrified. I've never seen Panzer go after him like that, thankfully it hasn't happened since then. I also started him back on D Mannose on Feb 18th. This week he is finally peeing normally & having regular good bowel movement's which he has been since we started on the slippery elm with bark. I plan to continue the cosequin & D Mannose but I'm not sure I can afford to keep up with diffuser refills.

I'm pretty well stocked on testing supplies except I always need test strips. I have a little under 200 right now.

He took his last dose of doxycycline on Feb 23rd. I'm still giving him & Spook Ondansetron & I plan on putting miritaz on there ears in the morning. Spook had it on his ear not to long ago but it's been awhile since Panzer has. He is starting to walk away from his food & need fortiflora, so it's time & I want them to eat good for my daughter while I'm in the hospital. Panzer has been eating more weruva than fancy feast as well, Spook hates weruva so he's eating fancy feast.

She has been testing off & on for the past couple of weeks & will be here the next 2 days because she will be on her own for the Friday PMPS test feed & shoot & the Saturday test feed & shoot & possibly the Saturday PMPS test feed & shoot. She was having trouble getting blood from his ears but has been successful the past 4xs but that's with me holding Panzer still, so that worries me! She will only be testing before insulin but not before there additional feedings. She will be giving them there Ondansetron & possibly there probiotic Saturday morning after the AMPS feeding.

I'm thinking about reducing his dose on Thursday morning to drain some of the depot? I hate that I have to reduce because his #s are beautiful but it's more important that he's safe! My daughter does great with drawing the insulin & giving it to him so there's no issue with that. I'm thinking reduce him to 3.25 units? What do you all think?

I will be pushing to get back home by no later than 24hrs & I will post his AMPS & PMPS #s on the spreadsheet as well, as long as everything goes well. If something happens & it goes bad I would like for someone to contact the lady on here that was willing to take Taco in & see if she would be willing to take Spook in unless someone else would like to. Panzer will go with me whether I have a stroke or if I don't make it, my daughter has instructions on what to do if that's the case. Im trying to think positive & not stress but it's not easy!
    @Suzanne & Darcy @FrostD @tiffmaxee @Bandit's Mom @Bron and Sheba (GA)

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It’s only for a short time and you dint need to be worrying about Panzer going low so I think 3.25 will be fine. If your daughter sees a big rise and you are gone longer she could increase his dose. I doubt he will get real high though. I hope the surgery goes well and you gel home quickly and feel better. :bighug:

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  3. Chrispooky12

Okay sounds good thank you :)I hope so too :bighug:

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Wishing you all the best Christina :bighug::bighug::bighug::cat:
    Nothing will go wrong , Saying prayers for you. Gotta think positive ok♥

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Poor Spook, I wonder why Panzer does this

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Stop it ,nothing will go wrong. If Panzer continues to beat up Spook and you need to rehome Spok here is the member that was willing to take Taco
    @Deborah & Muffy(GA) & Wendall
    @Chrispooky12

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
    Chrispooky12 likes this.
  7. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Which kind of Feliway did you buy? I hope not the "Optimum" kind? I bought those once and it created aggression in my cats toward each other. I never used it since and only use either regular Feliway or this stuff that's similar (different pheremone) called "Thunder Ease." That stuff seems to work well.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  8. Suzanne & Darcy

He is having beautiful numbers on this dose. And don't worry because it will only be a short-term reduction. He will get back into these same good numbers again once you are back and doing the testing/feeding/shooting. I agree with the reduction Thursday to drain the depot before and also with the cutting the dose back by half a unit to 3.25 units... as long as your daughter is okay with drawing a dose in .25 unit increments. But if she's been drawing a 3.75 then she should be familiar with it. Just make sure she knows where to draw it to for the 3.25 dose.

And don't even talk about something like having a stroke. That's not going to happen. You're going to pull through this surgery just fine. I'll be praying for you and Panzer, Spook, and your daughter too.

9. Chrispooky12

Yep it's the optimum. If I can afford to buy another one I will buy the thunder one.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  10. Chrispooky12

She does good with pulling the insulin, she will be here tonight & tomorrow so I will have her pull to 3.25 & stop & then pull down to 3.75 for tonight. Thank you I hope all goes well, I'm trying to stay positive ❤

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  11. Chrispooky12

Thank you Diane ❤

12. Suzanne & Darcy

That is so weird Christina! I had kind of wondered if it really was the Feliway optimum, but I stopped using it, and everything went back to normal with my cats. I definitely did notice that they were more aggressive with each other when I had the optimum plugged in. Isn’t that strange? I did warn someone else about it (Katherine and Ruby as I recall.) I am sorry I didn’t tell you — I thought you were just getting the regular Feliway, and I can’t remember if I said anything about the Optimum or the Thunder Ease — but now that you have had the same problem! But Panzer did it just the one time? Maybe he adjusted to it? Or did you unplug it?

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  13. Chrispooky12

It was definitely a first. They play together all the time, but this time Panzer wasn't playing. Thankfully it hasn't happened since, & I'm glad it happened when I was home. Otherwise I would have come home to a ton of black fur to clean up & would have to watch back on the cameras. Also Spook wouldn't have had my room to flee to because the door stays shut when I'm gone!

14. Diane Tyler's Mom

I'm so glad you were home !

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  15. Chrispooky12

It's still plugged in, so I'm assuming he has adjusted to it. Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm going to send Chewie a message telling them what happened & ask for a replacement of the regular Feliway. They will send it to me at no charge. I bought Proviable DC from them last time & there were a few bad capsules that the plastic broke into the powder so I had to dump it. They sent me a brand new box no charge & so far they are all good. I normally buy them from Amazon but had a small order so ordered them from Chewie.

16. Chrispooky12

Me to that's why I wanted to wait until Friday to plug it in so I could supervise & see how they acted up until Monday. I've seen Panzer be aggressive towards other male cats that I've had in the past but this was a first with Spook!

17. Chrispooky12

I just sent a message to chewy explaining what happened. I'm sure they will issue me a refund before the day is over with.

18. Chrispooky12

My daughter was able to get blood without me helping her tonight :) ya Tayla & Panzer!!! I'm going to have her give him cosequin with the AMPS shot & feeding on Saturday because I think it's important for him to continue this because one of the things it's used for is UTIs. She will also be giving Mirilax @ both +6 AMPS & +6 PMPS. I was going to have her give them there probiotic after the AMPS shot & feeding on Sat morning but I only have one jar of the beef baby food because my Walmart has spoiled beef baby food on the shelf. I've reported it twice & nothing so I spoke with a manager today & she checked & the lot # is all the same on them,she pulled them & is writing them off. I traveled to the next closest Walmart & they only had one jar of the beef that wasn't spoiled. You can tell by looking at the bottom of the jar by the consistency if it's good or not. If it looks like cottage cheese on the bottom don't buy it. I bought several before I started looking at the bottom of the jars & threw it away after opening it & returned the others. I have some of the chicken & turkey but of course Spook doesn't like them :rolleyes: he may be going off of the probiotic & the slippery elm with bark because I'm not going to waste either one if he isn't going to eat it.

When I got home from Walmart there was puke on the dining room floor so I rolled back the camera & it was Panzer that puked. He got his normal Ondansetron @ PMPS & if he pukes again, I will give him a Cerenia. I did put mirataz on both of there ears this morning so hopefully they don't give Tayla any trouble eating. She will be here tomorrow so she will be pulling the insulin to 3.25 units & that's what I will be giving @ AMPS as well.

19. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for your surgery. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  20. Melinda and Kitkat

Melinda and Kitkat Member

Christina, you are in my thoughts, and I have been watching your posts. I wish you all the best in the next few days that everything goes textbook perfect for your surgery. Your daughter will care well for Panzer and Spook, so try not to worry. Sending healing thoughts, take care. You will be just fine! When you get home you will get Panzer right back on track, and all this will be in your rear view mirror! ok?

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  21. Chrispooky12

Thank you Carla:bighug::bighug::bighug:

22. Chrispooky12

Thank you Melinda, your kind words makes me feel so much better:bighug::bighug::bighug:

23. Chrispooky12

My surgery went well! They took my fallopian tubes as well because I had them tied 19yrs ago & they said they can lead to ovarian cancer. If all goes well tonight & tomorrow morning, they will be releasing me tomorrow afternoon.

Tayla said Panzer was a brat for testing, but got enough blood after the 3rd poke. They both ate all of there food & Panzer did good with his shoot.

24. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad your surgery went well and the kitties are eating. I hope you get to go home tomorrow. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  25. Diane Tyler's Mom

I'm glad everything went well Christina :cat: I hope you get to bust out of the hospital tomorrow :p. I'm happy everything is going well with Panzer and Spook . Your daughter does a wonderful job, even when Panzer is being a brat :p
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Chrispooky12 likes this.