2/5 Bix

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Joanna & Bix (GA), Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

day 7 - 127 pre-food, ate
    3 hours after food - 113, shot 0.4u (newbies, please don't shoot on a # this low!!!)

I decided to go ahead and shoot since his pancreas didn't get his #s lower than this after eating quite a bit earlier this evening. This is about par for what I've been seeing for him over the past few months - after a shot he seems to keep his #s in DDs for a while, but after a week or so they get in the lower 100s.

I'm going with the theory that his pancreas needs a bit more healing (following on what Steve & Jock posted on Chloesmama's thread in Health - made sense to me and seemed to fit with the patterns I've been seeing with Bix), and some help staying in lower #s until (if) it can go it 100% on it's own. Lately he seems to do best on 0.6u, but I couldn't stomach shooting that on this PS, which is a bit lower than I normally have shot, even when I've shot low.

So, we'll see! Hope I didn't do the wrong thing... letting him drift upwards to let his pancreas know it needs to step up to the plate isn't making sense to me at the moment, though it made sense the other day. :)

2. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

so how did he do?

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry you had to give insulin, Joanna. I'm still waiting for Bix to go OTJ, but getting a little insulin once a week isn't bad either. I hope his pancreas continues to heal.

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

well, I went to sleep I-) but he seems fine, no new test results yet - he generally rides so long now after a shot I don't bother testing for a while (unless I'm checking for a nadir, which I probably would have done if I had been awake)... trying to save $$$ on testing strips....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.