2/6 Blue106 PMPS

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Patty and Blue GA & Brat, Feb 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Patty and Blue GA & Brat Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/2-3-blue-156-amps.242525/

Morning,
    I tested Blue earlier and he was at 106 PMPS and I decided not to shoot. I did
    this the other day when he was under 120. My thinking is that was normal
    when he was off insulin. Am I thinking wrong and should I shoot him when
    he's over a hundred?
    With all the meds I'm balancing I just am not sure the best course of action.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m glad Blue had no ill effects after chemo. I kind of think last time was the cancer rather than the chemo but I could be wrong. I see you skipped insulin today. He’s looking good.

3. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I skipped again tonight. He was 92.

My arm still hurts I noticed. It's not red it itchy though lines yours. It's just sore. The needle was long.

4. tiffmaxee

My arm hurt for at least 5 days. It was worse before it got better starting on day 2 or 3. It’s still red but lighter. I’m going to call my dermatologist and ask her what she thinks. The6 are now suggesting if you had a red arm to get the second shot in the other. I hope not as tgat would mean my right and I am right handed.

5. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Yes, I would not do the right if you’re right handed. That would be craziness. :)

6. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Patty,

You got enough custard over there? ;)

Just checking in to ask how all your furry patients are doing and also how Stephanie and her mom are getting on.

:bighug:

Mogs

7. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Super custard :p

Stephanie had a rough day. Her oxygen level got low this morning from coughing so much.
    I understand from Jeannie that the coughing doesn't go away very fast.

Furbabies are doing pretty well. Mia might have to go to the vet this week. She and her
    sister Bella have allergies and Mia's usually doesn't go away but turns into an infection.
    They didn't have a good start in life so weak immune systems along with Brat. The three
    of them I rescued from the cat hoarder. Blue seems to be pretty good today. I'm giving
    him a little insulin but I'm not sure yet what to expect. He's not that high but high enough
    to shoot.

What day are you taking Noodle into the vet this week?

8. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

This was Jeanne's post back to me. It's my niece she's talking about. I feel so bad for her to still be going through
    the aftereffects of covid. No one deserved this. I don't know her friends on here so if you'd like to share she gave
    me permission.

Hi Patty,:bighug:
    I will pray harder for your poor sister. It almost makes me feel guilty (thats the catholic in me):rolleyes:
    My case was no where near where her's took her. sigh. Theres a name for what "long haulers" have but I cant think of it at the moment. Apparently its common for people that had a mild infection to have WORSE after affects. It looks like I have lung abbesses but I'm use to lung issues.
    My circulation is off. When I type my hands go cold and fingers hurt like a *****!

Needless to say the only computer stuff I'm doing is watching the eagle cams and even then I cant sit for too long.
    I feel sicker now than when I had it. go figure.:rolleyes:

I SURE HOPE when your sister recovers that her after affects will be minimal. At least thats how I hope it works. Shes been through enough!

Dont know when I will be back helping folks but so far, it looks like it wont be anytime soon.:(
    Thanks for your caring and interest I MISS ALL OF YOU!:kiss:
    j.

Critter Mom likes this.
  9. tiffmaxee

So sad. Prayers for Jeanne and Stephanie. Are all your kitties on meds now? I feel for you. How kind of you to take them in. :bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  10. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Only 4 kitties on meds but I know Mia will be the fifth if I can get her into the vet. She'll
    probably be on antibiotics. I have little plastic containers lined up with meds for each. It won't
    last forever but right now it's confusing.

11. tiffmaxee

I had to really concentrate to make sure I didn’t duplicate when I was cutting pills and putting in gel caps fit the week with so many being white. With 4 that must be tough. :bighug:

12. Critter Mom

Hi Patty,

How's the clowder today? Bluebird doing OK? What's the latest on Stephanie? Also, how is your knee? (It keeps coming into my head to ask you but by the time I get to the laptop the intention has evaporated from out my PTSD-addled brain.)

Mogs

13. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Hi guys,
    I was downstairs watching tv with mom. Blue started sneezing today. He seems okay but
    I'll watch him. I haven't made any appointments yet. I don't think anyone is in a life threatening situation.

Elise, you should see me in the morning trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do. Teddy
    gets a thyroid pill every 12 hours and prednisalone every other day, Layla gets morning meds
    only, Blue gets insulin twice a day maybe and prednisalone in the afternoon along with something
    for constipation, Brat is now down to probiotic gel and sr. food. Mia gets a natural supplement for
    a stuffy nose. Then I have the maybe pills...if needed. Of course I still have the testing for Blue.
    If I could post a picture I'd show you all my containers for each cat and my written directions.
    Good times...;)

My knee hurts. I'm still hoping it will improve but not looking good. :arghh: The new doctor said
    everyone thinks it's not working and then it does so maybe???

Stephanie is improving. She is able to walk around more and they reduced her oxygen. I'm
    so relieved.

I'm looking forward to the 25th and getting my second vaccine. I think I'll feel safer then.
    Have they set up your second shot Elise? Mogs, are you going to get vaccinated?

14. Critter Mom

They're talking about first jab for my cohort round May time.

Sorry to hear your knee still hurts, Patty. :( I hope it improves really soon. Glad to hear Stephanie's able to move around more. I really hope that her convalescence isn't protracted.

That's some amount of cats and meds you're juggling there! :eek:

Mogs

15. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Hi Mogs,
    Did you go to the vet with the bug this week? How's she doing?

16. Critter Mom

Hi Patty,

Vet diags are booked for the 18th (next week). The Noodle's moving much better (anti-jinx), thank goodness. She is able to get onto the sofa OK again and run up the stairs when the spirit moves her. Her appetite was a bit spotty over the last few days following a bad coughing bout on Friday night. At least she's getting more calories now with the new food, even when she eats a bit less volume than ideal.

I am wondering whether the coughing bouts might be due to discomfort in her oesophagus, maybe an issue with acid reflux? The cough is wet and unproductive. Several months ago (not long after the intermittent coughing kicked off) she became reluctant to eat at all without pain relief, even though she was clearly hungry. We checked for pancreatitis a couple of times (she had an acute flare a few years ago when the hyper-T messed up her digestive system) but the tests came back decidedly negative.

There is a strong correlation between her eating or drinking and having a coughing bout a few minutes later (though not always). The bouts became more frequent since she changed to the new food (has a higher fat content to keep the calories up so there's a possibility it might affect digestion). Also if she eats and drinks too much at a time, the coughing bouts are worse. She has also started purring audibly at times (very un-Noodle). From my research, reflux issues can sometimes lead to changes in an affected cat's voice, so I wonder whether it might also affect the purring machinery?

Right now I'm working on treating her 'as if' she has some issue or other with reflux. I've raised her food and water bowls a bit more, I started her on famotidine yesterday and I have some slippery elm bark on order for her. Anti-jinx, she ate better last night and this morning.

Is the Bluebird OK? I saw from his spreadsheet earlier that he was swinging from the chandelier at AMPS. How are you today?

Mogs

17. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

You sound like you are juggling symptoms. I'm glad she is moving better. More than likely
    a sprain of some kind. Hopefully that's all. They had Brat on something for acid reflux when
    she came home. I'm keeping it in mind in case she starts having issues again.
    (((Noodle)))

Blue is doing pretty good. I still don't know about his insulin. Seems like he needs it every other
    day. He's happy and if I didn't know better I'd think he was healthy.

I'm okay. Kind of tired. I'm not sure why.

18. Critter Mom

So glad to hear that Blue's doing well and is happy in himself. ((((Blue))))

Any chance you'd let me know what they gave Brat for the reflux? I've a telephone consult booked with our vet for Monday and I'm compiling a list of bits and pieces to ask him about.

'tis no wonder you're tired, Patty: you've been dealing with chronic pain (really draining) you've had a really rough ride over the last few months with your furchilder, you've had all the worry about Stephanie and her mom, and now you're nursing lots of kitties (no mean feat). It all mounts up. :bighug:

This might perk you up a little:

Mogs

19. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Ha ha ha I love that. I had heard about it but had not seen it.

Blue's BG has been all over the place. :banghead:

I think I'll be taking a couple of cats in tomorrow. Mia is still sneezing even though I've given her some
    natural supplement for stuffy nose and she sleeps snugged up against me at night and I put the humidifier
    on for us both. Today I was in my bedroom folding some clothes and Teddy started to poop right on my
    bed. He's pooping everywhere now so he must go in immediately!!! I think his thyroid is probably not
    regulated. Blue needs some more prednisone so I need to pick some up at the vet as well.

Hope your bug is still eating and improving. It's always something here but you have your hands full with
    just one furbie.

20. tiffmaxee

Sorry to hear your crew needs more help from the vet.

As for Blue he comes back down which is good. He’s happy. That counts.

21. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Mogs, you are giving Noodle what they prescribed for Brat's acid reflux. Famotidine

22. Critter Mom

Thanks for that, Patty. :bighug:

How are you guys doing today? Stephanie?

Mogs

23. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

We're okay. I did take Mia to the vet and she does have a URI. She's on antibiotics
    and L-lysine gel. I added a fifth container with cat name and medicine with directions. :rolleyes:
    I tested the gel on Brat to see if she'd like it since it's maple favor. She ran away. :joyful:
    I haven't tried it on Mia yet. She's keeping her distance. I'm taking Teddy tomorrow to check
    thyroid levels.

I text with my sister Sue today and she said Stephanie is still using oxygen before getting up to walk
    around because that's when it drops the most. They're trying to wean her down while she's sitting.
    Other than that I think she's doing pretty well. Last post on FB was 2 days ago so I was concerned.
    She posted about the covid deniers and listed all she had been through. I think a lot of people don't
    think it's real until they get it.

You and Noodle bug doing okay?

24. tiffmaxee

Are you okay Patty? The kitties ok? Stephanie?

25. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Yes, we are all fine. Eventful day. I have a cat that stays downstairs with my mom but comes upstairs
    to eat. This morning he went out on the catio off my bedroom and caught a bird that must have got
    stuck inside. I had closed my bedroom door to separate the cats. When I went into my bathroom there were
    feathers everywhere. I've been cleaning most of the day. Still seeing feathers, etc....:arghh: And how was
    your day?

26. tiffmaxee

I’ve been home all day as usual since Covid. Almost a year of this! I wonder which cats ate the bird!

27. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Yes, I'm still staying home too. Won't be long and we'll be vaccinated!
    I think only Lancer. He was fed by a neighbor and lived outside for a few years so he's a hunter.
    I took him in because she never took him to the vet. I had him neutered and dewormed and he's been a homeboy ever since. He's a wonderful cat but I can skip the birds.

Critter Mom likes this.
  28. tiffmaxee

When I was growing up we had a cat that brought us birds. When we would take our dog for a walk she would come with us and more than once the birds would swoop down and peck at her.

29. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I'm hoping he can't get to any more birds. The least he could have done was eat it in the catio. It was gross and I’m still cleaning.
    I've been home since March 8 and that's the last time I saw my family. This is like a bad dream.
    You much have been in since before March since you're on the west coast. Will it ever be the same?

30. tiffmaxee

Yes, since March. I spoke with a young doctor who used to live in my building yesterday. He said he knows two doctors that got both doses and still had Covid after so I’m not sure how safe we will be.

31. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Well, I think I'll be wearing a mask for a good while. My understanding is that if you get it you
    won't get as sick and be hospitalized. Dr. Fauci said that today on some program...I think George
    Stephanopoulos this morning. I still don't want to be sick but that sounds better than what Stephanie
    went through. She's still on oxygen.

Critter Mom and tiffmaxee like this.
  32. tiffmaxee

I heard that as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.