2 weeks OTJ, not sure if I should be shooting?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by hellolily, Feb 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hellolily

hellolily Member

Hi everyone,

My cat Belly has been over 2 weeks OTJ. In the past 3 days her AM numbers have been increasing, although her mid-day numbers are still really good, this seems really odd to me? What should I base my decision to shoot on, the AM numbers or mid-day numbers? Also her PM numbers are higher than usual these past 2 days.
    I haven't shot her because her mid-day numbers are good, but also because I'm really intimidated of the tiny doses I would need to administer and I don't have the ability to monitor her all day in case she drops too low.

Previous post this week:
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...us-different-bg-readings.243345/#post-2743998

Can anyone please offer advice, i am still super new to this. Belly had only been on insulin one week before her numbers began to drop dramatically and i stopped shooting. This weird trial period is more stressful than when I was shooting, not knowing what to do is really stressing me out. I also unfortunately don't have much time right now to spend hours researching feline diabetes and monitoring her constantly (I'm a full time grad student and have a job as well).
    Belly's also really tired of my constant BG monitoring, and i don't blame her, but it's getting harder to keep testing her constantly.
    I would really appreciate some advice and support.

thank you,
    Lily

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

All the BGs since stopping insulin have been fine. I see no reason to give any insulin. Belly's BG are comparable with my Dulce's and Nala's who have been off insulin for a couple of years.

Critter Mom and Dyana like this.
  3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I agree with Larry -- Belly's numbers are within normal range (50 - 120). Just make sure you continue to feed a low carb, canned food diet.

4. hellolily

hellolily Member

Critter Mom likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi. Nice to see she’s still doing great on no insulin. I wondered how things were going.

6. hellolily

hellolily Member

thanks for checking in!
    she does seem to be doing great, i probably have to relax a bit, but its hard not to worry at the slightest increase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.