20/01/2022 - Whiskey AMPS=140 +2=137+5=70 PMPS =112 +2=157 +3=117

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by stannarp, Jan 19, 2022.

1. stannarp

stannarp Member

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I would have gotten one more test last night because you started green and increased.

stannarp likes this.
  3. stannarp

stannarp Member

thanks, yes ... my problem is that I have only so many strips left until I can refill at month end :arghh: (I can refill on 25th); as I have done quite a plethora of testing to establish her baselines with TR, so I have to ration them; so as I saw she was pretty much holding steady I wanted to try to save them for later use

4. tiffmaxee

I see. If you see she’s dropping too much after any preshot feed a little higher carbs until you replenish strips. Had I known this I would have told you to wait to increase.

stannarp likes this.
  5. stannarp

stannarp Member

No problem, I didn't realise I was running out until last night, thought I had a spare box of strips in the cupboard.

I have some MC and some HC, so if I see she is going lower too fast I will definitely break them out, although the results of all my testing earlier in the month at least show that she seems to maintain on the LC, so I keep the MC or HC for anytime there is an emergency ... or I panic!

tiffmaxee likes this.
  6. stannarp

stannarp Member

Interestingly today, she is not gobbling everything she sees as soon at it goes down (yesterday also), she is eating and leaving a bit and then coming back to nibble again...everything does eventually get chobbled, but just at a more civilized pace. First time I've ever seen her do this.

7. tiffmaxee

I think it’s because her bg is getting into normal range more. How’s her weight? I think you said she needed to gain.

stannarp likes this.
  8. stannarp

stannarp Member

She is holding steady on 5kg or so.

She's not a small cat, only slightly smaller than George who has Maine Coon in his family tree somewhere, his ideal weight is about 6kg. I'm happy with 5kg on her, she was 3kg when we adopted her. She should not gain any more weight though.

I do portion control on her food, but if I see she's really hungry, not trying to con me, I do give her a snack between times. But, in general I try to stick to 28g LC at 4 hourly intervals, with a slightly bigger meal divided in two, half shot time, half +1.

Sorry, probably more detail than you needed, lol!

9. tiffmaxee

stannarp likes this.
  10. stannarp

stannarp Member

Thanks, just hope I can help her. I keep remembering this terribly thin cat who planted herself in my path with great determination when I went to the shelter I adopted her from.

Don't want to let her down.

11. tiffmaxee

You aren’t. She’s lucky you rescued her. :bighug:

stannarp likes this.
  12. stannarp

stannarp Member

Thanks, I don't regret it, just hoping that better regulation will calm her down with our George. He keeps trying to be fweinds, and she's just not keen. But, he's a persistent little bugger, so I'm sure he will eventually succeed :D!