? 20.5 AMPS 10.5@+2, 15@+5 - do I give the same PM dose? *now 20 again at PMPS*

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Elizabeth20, Dec 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elizabeth20

Elizabeth20 Member

Hi

After three days off insulin on vet advice following a bounce (previous post here) I gave Lily half a unit this morning. I had intended on giving 0.25 but I was so tired I went a bit stupid and forgot what was what. In any event her BG was high so I think 0.5 was probably OK. She went down to 10.5/11 by +2 and ate a little LC at +2.5, then started coming up and is now at 15. 10.5 is still quite a drop. Wanting to avoid another bounce, do I give her another 0.5 for her PM shot to keep her below renal for longer or stick to my plan of 0.25 to give her a smoother ride and risk her being above 15 for longer?

I hope that makes sense. I'm on day 2 of a migraine and someone has put my brain through a sieve. Plus I am still learning and confused!

Thanks

Liz

2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Liz,

The sharing permissions seem to have got messed up on Lily's spreadsheet and we can't access it at the moment. Please can you set them back to allow people to view it again? Can't really give any sound suggestions till then.

------------------

To set spreadsheet sharing permissions:

* At the top right of the spreadsheet screen click on 'Share'.

* In the pop-up dialog box click on the 'Get Link' section.

* Change link access from 'Restricted' to 'Anyone with the link' and make sure that the permission on the right hand side is set to 'Viewer'.

* Click 'Done' to save the changes.

--------------------

I'm really sorry to hear you have a migraine. (((Liz))) I've only ever experienced one and it was agony. I hope it passes quickly.

:bighug:

Mogs

3. Elizabeth20

Elizabeth20 Member

Hi Mogs

Sorry for the delay, got stuck with work. Hopefully the spreadsheet is accessible now.

Luckily today is not as bad as yesterday when my eyes were watering with it. Also luckily I don't get them nearly as bad as lot of people.

Critter Mom likes this.
  4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Works fine now! Thank you!

I'm glad you went with the .5 again tonight but Lily is dropping kind of fast. Might want to try to get at least 1 more test in later tonight (+5 or +6)

5. Elizabeth20

Elizabeth20 Member

Hi Chris

I went to sleep before your reply I'm afraid but thank you, I feel better for reassurance re the dose. She was up to 20 again today AMPS and I had to go out to view a house and have lunch with Ben's kids - first time I've left her for more than an hour since she was diagnosed. She is 21 now at AM+7 which I don't like. She seems OK in herself but I wish I had been here to check what she was at nadir. She took a couple of days to get her levels down last time. You're right about getting a later reading, she may well have been this high at +7 yesterday and it would be useful to know. Guess I can't increase the dose with her drops being as rapid as they are.

We're supposed to be viewing a house tomorrow as well but I might ask Ben to get me on video call because the viewing is at AM+3 and I feel like I can't in good conscience leave her unmonitored another day right at the point I need to be getting her nadir data.

I read yesterday how many cats are put down in the first year because of the difficulties owners have caring for them. I'm only 3 weeks in and feeling a bit overwhelmed already and I really have no commitments and am working from home. I can see how people struggle. I feel so sorry for her being either too high or too low all the time. I worry she's not going to get a chance to get better till she's stabilised and I worry I'm doing a terrible job looking after her. I am very hormonal though so I'm just feeling sorry for both of us and need a good cry.

Sorry, I feel like I'm very needy right now. This is all I talk about to anyone these days!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.