21/3 Mauer AMPS 79, +1 97, +2 97, +4 85, +5 85, +6 68, +7 85, +8 86, PMPS 88

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SashaV, Mar 21, 2021.

1. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It looks like she slide down from that 173 last night. She may bounce today, but you'll still want to get a +1 and a +2 just to be sure. She could surf.

SashaV likes this.
  3. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I was planning on that too..
    Or maybe the AMPS was her nadir?

4. carfurby (GA)

It's possible.

SashaV likes this.
  5. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

SashaV likes this.
  6. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Surf it, Mauer!!:D:D:D Nice to see her back in the lagoon!

SashaV likes this.
  7. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I think we're surfing!

Deb & Wink and Marina & Chico like this.
  8. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Keep it nice and flat there Mauer! Isn't this exciting - lovely surfing! :D:D hang ten baby!

SashaV and Marina & Chico like this.
  9. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

It's so exciting :D and very surprising :D

Deb & Wink likes this.
  10. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

What a great start for Mauer! I wish Hercs was still twinning....

11. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Be careful what you wish for :p:D

Deb & Wink and Hercule's mum like this.
  12. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Onset! And heading down again :D
    She didn't bounce!!!! :p:joyful:

13. Marina & Chico

Patience paying off :joyful::joyful: great job Mauer!! Keep going and show us how its done :cat::cat:

14. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

But I don't understand why. Nothings changed. Maybe she just needed a little more time on the dose?
    I've been hitting myself in the head, running low on strips and not being able to increase...
    Well at least she could tell me why :D:p
    That's not too much to ask, I think... or maybe :rolleyes:

15. Marina & Chico

Maybe she really just needed more time to stabilize :) good thing you waited :cat::cat:

16. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

pssttt... spluttering pancreas..... :smuggrin:

17. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Pssssst, glad we're agreeing on the anti-jinx!!! :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

I think so too... darn she's flat today!

18. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

So nadir wasn't the AMPS? Is nadir always the lowest point in the cycle?

Deb & Wink likes this.
  19. Marina & Chico

I received this answer once: nadir is the lowest measured value in the cycle :)

SashaV likes this.
  20. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Great answer! Now I get it :oops:

Deb & Wink likes this.
  21. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you in fact did do a partial fur shot, the 18th as you thought (might be worth noting on the SS), then the depot needed time to build back up.
    Just to throw a wrinkle in with Levemir, sometimes that nadir can be after the following shot. Neko's Levemir nadir ranged from +5 to +15. :confused:

22. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

It's noted now! :D
    I really need to get structure on my SS... it's one big mess :rolleyes:
    How do you find a nadir +15?

23. Wendy&Neko

Her onset for Lev was at +5. If she was still going down at preshot, and I did tests before +5, that would be the nadir of the previous shot.

24. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

So... today Mauer went slightly up after AMPS, onset was at +4. So in theory if she had continued going down, like the March 9, then every lower number until the onset at +4 could be a nadir? So the March 9 was a nadir from the cycle before?

25. Wendy&Neko

Yes on March 9th. And on AM March 5th that was from the PM of the 4th. Bounce breaking cycles often have later nadirs.

26. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Interesting! Thanks Wendy :D

27. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

113 PM +1
    We got 12 straight hours in pure green!!! :D:p

I'll do a +3 and decide after that.
    Good thing I have strips on the way. Those 6 a day didn't last long :oops::nailbiting:

Marina & Chico likes this.
  28. carfurby (GA)

Nice surfing today.:D

29. Marina & Chico

Mauer seems to start getting the hang of this dose :cat::cat: a small bounce in the night, today i would expect a more active cycle :) good luck and be prepared (not that you ever are not :D )

it could be similar to the AM cycle on the 9/3.

30. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I hope you're wrong about that :p:D
    Last reading was 8.2 +9, so she's headed up.

31. Marina & Chico

haha maybe i'm wrong but with the information from the 9th i would take a +1 :D

you don't have the 8.2 on the spreadsheet. When is your shooting time, i just want to know when to start refreshing the spreadsheet haha

32. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

No my spreadsheet is doing the "view only" so just need to open it on my mac first...
    10 and 22, so in 55 minutes :D

33. Marina & Chico

i see that it took you a lot of honey on the 9th to take her above 50s o_Oo_O

34. Marina & Chico

so we are in the same time zone :)

35. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Are we? How nice!
    When is your shot time?

It took a LOT of honey. And it didn't do anything. Dryfood to diabetes did it. But it also made her bounce for a week o_O

36. Marina & Chico

we shoot at 7 so that nights are shorter :D

that's why i would take a +1, to prevent her going under 50. On the bright side she didn't go dangerously low but it is scary to see so much honey without effect :confused: Chico reacts to a drop of honey immediately, it is easier to experiment like that

Chico is usually the most active in the first 2-3 hours, after that he flattens out. So if we expect an active cycle for us the most work and testing is in the beginning. I see Mauer went to 1.9 on the 3/3 :nailbiting: that must have been scary. You had to give her 21% carbs + honey and she started raising. How much food do you usually give? It would be useful for you to write amounts as well to know how much works and how much doesn't work yet

37. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

It was scary as **** really! I didn't see it coming and I RAN for the honey! And it was her first reduction so really really scary :nailbiting:
    I'm doing teaspoons in her AM cycle.
    AMPS raw 25g, teaspoons throughout the AM cycle. At PMPS 25g raw and immediately after I serve a bowl of LC with 1/3 of water and free feeding during the PM cycle.
    So when I note food, it's only a teaspoon.

Before that, I just free fed after her nadir... obviously the teaspoons works better :rolleyes:

Funny he's most active in the first part of his cycle. Carryover perhaps?

38. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

She's not carb sensitive. The 12/2 if I remember correctly, I was unknowingly feeding high carb :nailbiting:
    Then we were expecting a drop the following cycles but it never happened :woot:

39. Marina & Chico

i can imagine the scare, i once saw a 1.9 (false reading) and i was shacking for another half an hour :nailbiting:

we don't feed at all after +6, only in case of too low values. We feed Chico (during a normal cycle) at +2,+4 and +6, we try not to overfeed him in order for him not to put on more weight. If it is a more active cycle we try to distribute the food in between the hours but we still rarely overfeed him.

it just hit me why Mauer needed more honey on the 9th compared to the 3rd, on the 9th she went below 50s at +2 meanwhile on the 3rd it was at +5 :rolleyes:

might be carryover but I actually don't know how come he does that, at some point Gill said that earlier nadirs means that he still has some work to do on the dose, so i was expecting it to change with time but he doesn't seem to want to change :D once i will catch Gill again i will ask her what does it mean :)

40. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

6.1 amps.
    Damn, you might be right!!!!

41. Marina & Chico

Just start the intervention earlier than on the 9th and i think you should be fine.

42. Marina & Chico

otherwise it is a nice start :)

43. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Exactly. The +2 low was 2 hours before onset, so I was fighting the old PM dose AND and new AM dose :rolleyes:
    But as Wendy said, with Lev nadir can be +15, or +14 as that specific day.

I believe there's a sticky that describes the carryover effect.

I knew it the moment I got in from my morning smoke in the garden. If she's high she's sluggish and not talking or moving. She went from the couch to the bathroom and there she was demanding a snuggle and talking a lot...
    If she were high, I'd have to carry her to her shot-spot :D shot-spot, new word!

44. Marina & Chico

shot-spot - i like that :)

we can read Chico's BG as well from his behavior :D

45. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Chico had an awesome start too!
    He wants a reduction very soon!

46. Marina & Chico

i know, we want to let him drop just a bit under 2.8 so we don't give him honey but he still just teases us :D going close but not really :D

47. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Sometimes her pupils fool me. Usually when she's in good numbers they're big, these past weeks they've been small o_O

Never say never :D
    I think it will happen before you know it :p
    He is really doing awesome! You haven't seen red in forever!

48. Marina & Chico

antijinx Sasha antijinx :D

Yeah, he is doing better than we ever dreamt when we started this :)

49. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I can imagine! Wish I had the same start as you. Instead I wasted a year :arghh:
    You must have studied a lot of spreadsheets, since you recognize patterns!:D

50. Marina & Chico

It was pure luck that our vet sucked at diabetes and it was clear from the beginning so we had to really go into reading mode. and the second luck we had was to find this forum, there is no way we would have mobilized like this without it.

The good thing is that, even after one year Mauer has a great progress, it will take more effort but you are on the correct path :)

we all have some regrets about decisions we made in the past, like why didn't we research more about food earlier, Chico still struggles with diarrhea after almost 3 months... it doesn't help us to have regrets though, it is what will we do with this information from now on is what is important :)

i did :D i starred for days in Chico's spreadsheet and then i spent weeks worth of time starring at other people's spreadsheets haha My husband keeps on telling me to stop wasting my time haha but i love that i can see patterns, and that at least some decisions are taken consciously :D

51. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Have you tried some pro and prebiotics? I use the profibre from protexin, fibres pre and pro. My civvie is regularly constipated but it works both ways!

It's definitely not a waste of time, you've learned a lot! At some point it's rather lucky vet's doesn't know about diabetes, then no one would be here. I was reading from the sidelines for long, until I by accident overdosed Mauer... from the vet's advise. From there on I've been here daily!

I just wish there was more focus on the risks of being overweight, using steroids and such. Pets are getting fat, and we don't see it...
    I'll never ever feed any of my pets with dry food, ever again.

52. Marina & Chico

we give him boulardi and lactobacilus for over 2 months, both are probiotics. i don't know the difference between prebiotics and probiotics though. Fibers i read about it but never got a conclusion. i will look into that again. thank you for the information

that is crazy how little understanding do vets have of diabetes :facepalm::facepalm:

i soooo agree with you, we were never cautioned by our vet about the risks the extra weight plus we were never cautioned that Chico would be overweight, we really didn't see it :(
    don't even get me started on the dry food, i can't believe our vet recommended us 20% carbs kibble for diabetic cats :facepalm::facepalm: Never ever as well

I saw Mauer had the food bump, so maybe it won't be as active the as 9th after all :)

53. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Probiotics treat, pre prevents. And it works well together. Fibre gathers the stools, and potentially lowers the BG so pay attention to that. It helps the gut back in condition, I'd really recommend it for him!

Mine recommend 34% for weight-loss!!! Like no thank you!

I see it with rabbits all the time, if they're at their ideal weight we think they're too skinny.... same with cats and dogs.
    Even the best brands of dryfood has 30% carbs, and I don't get it... it's useless for cats, and it's dry! Seems absolutely silly to feed a cat dry, when we know they don't drink enough as it is...

My last rabbit, Carl. He died last June, he was slightly overweight and had lost some... the autopsy showed he had 7cm of pure FAT around his organs..
    7cm is a lot......
    Obesity kills both humans and pets. 7cm!!!

54. Marina & Chico

i know i read the 7cm somewhere but i couldn't remember where. 7cm? OMG that is a lot for a human sized being for a rabbit i can't even imagine ...

How come you did an autopsy? is it normal practice in Denmark?

But even if you look online how to determine your cats perfect weight, there is no information, just pictures... and yes, you are right, when they are at the correct weight they look underweight but then again, maybe it is because we are used to seeing them more fluffy :-?

on a different note i see this dose really suits Mauer :) so happy she found her way back to the greens :cat::cat:

55. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

It's only normal if the owner requests it. And I did, cause he got sick right as I was about to move. Rabbits is prey animals, so stress can actually kill them, so I drove him 100km to a friend who is very experienced in sick rabbits, so he'd at least have a chance. He went there on Thursday, Monday morning she called and said he just died. So for her sake, so she didn't feel responsible even though I knew she wasn't, I got him checked out. He always had stomach issues when he was shedding and when he got pellets. So he got pellets once a week, lots of fluids on a daily basis and LOTS of veggies. But with the autopsy we now know he'd never survive. The fat was what was pressing on his intestines and gut, and it was never compatible with life. Lost my two guinea pigs the week before, so that was one horrible period. Moving, stress, my ADHD, Mauer, 3 pets dying :banghead:

It exactly the point, we're used to see fluffy cats and pets, so we don't notice :blackeye:

Mauer is really working this dose!!! You were right, you said we'd have an active cycle, it was just the next one :joyful: