24/02 Hercules AMPS 52, +6 218 Dose increase?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Hercule's mum, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

Can I get some extra pair of eyes to look at Hercules SS, please?

He is hitting greens, but basicall just for a little bit, and usually around shot time? :confused:

I feel like we should go back up. What do you guys think?

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Not with that 52 this AM! Plus you cheated on the reduction the last time. ;)

Give him time. Hold the dose. Patience pants :)

@Gill & George

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I was looking for your condo this morning.
    I agree with Bhooma, no wiggle room with that 52 this morning, give him a few more cycles, I don't think that you can call nadirs of 52 a failed reduction.;)
    He seems to be slowly spending more time in lower numbers and lowering his range overall, since recovering from the bounce.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Hercule's mum

Thanks both! I'll give him a few more days... you hearthat Hercs... only a few more days! ;)

Gill & George and Bandit's Mom like this.
  5. Hercule's mum

Also.... do you guys have any wisdom to share with regards to feeding him, given his recent penchant for late in the cycle dives?

I confess it is particularly painful at night... I have to stay up to +5 to feed him a bit every hour, and then have to wake up again +9 and sometimes later. If I could at least go to bed earlier I could get some zzz time....

He is supposed to eat 150g of his food in each cycle. I started with 3 meals of 50, then changed to 5 meals of 25.... but lately, even 25 seems to much to begin with and he spend most of the first half of the cycle just going up... is it crazy to experiment feeding him a bit at +1, taking a +2 to see evrything ok, and then feed him at +5 and perhaps +7 larger portions? I don't know... I just don't know how long I can keep going just taking naps overnight...

6. Bandit's Mom

Autofeeder?

7. Hercule's mum

I bought one when the whole things started! Unfortunately I adopted another cat... and she is always glued to his side (which is very cute) and comes every time and aks to be tested too....

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  8. Hercule's mum

9. Bandit's Mom

literally as well! adorable!

do you test her too? :woot:

10. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

11. Hercule's mum

I did a couple of times... hoping she would learn it was painful to get a treat... She was 3.1! So that taught me something about normal numbers....

Gill & George and Bandit's Mom like this.
  12. Gill & George

I have some ideas about the feeding and a as you can look at. He is nadiring late, so you could change the food and testing about to accommodate that.

13. Hercule's mum

That is what I am thinking... may be it is OK to give him his bigger portions later in the cycle?

Sorry, not sure I got this?

14. Gill & George

I'm just about to sort the cats out and make dinner, I'm just on phone at the mo.

I'll get back to you a little later.

Sorry that was a typo as= SS:oops:

15. Hercule's mum

no worries, whenever you can share it, it would be much appreciated!

Gill & George likes this.
  16. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about doing that too!
    Miver is stalking me around feeding, and while I'm standing there with a needle he bumps into me. But I'm not sure I'd survive poking him :nailbiting::woot::oops:

17. Gill & George

He seems to often have late nadirs.
    When the +3 or +4 drops is lower or the same as PS, that's when he is having the more active cycles, and you probably want to be start looking for a nadir around +8 (sometimes he is later giving you a nadir closer PS)

I think it might be worth experimenting with not loading him with very food early in the cycle, as he appears to be having his onset later in the cycle, around +4, so maybe a teaspoon of food at +3, then check at +4, and give food then.

If you find that the +3/+4 is lower than PS I would take that as a heads up to monitor more closely. (and you may need to steer)

If he is higher at that point you could try leaving him till +6/+7
    Giving a snack at that point and checking again at +9 with another snack then just to sustain him through to PS.

As you have been feeding and front loading the cycle a change to the feeding should be monitored closely and it may well be that he settles into a different pattern that he has at them moment, so initially it won't mean more sleep, but if you can get into the swing of it and a pattern emerges, you will know when you can at least grab sleep between his onset and usual nadir.
    I've been looking at the cycles since you stopped using the HC regularly, so there is not a lot to go off, that said it is not a new pattern for him.

Bubba was on lantus and a late nadir cat. When his +4 was lower than PS that's when he had the most active cycles. You can see that even though he was on Lantus she didn't feed in the way most of us do.
    I don't know what time of day it is for you when you shoot, but depending on how his patterns work out you may want to think about what makes a more sensible shot time for you. So you can fit sleep in.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1-ldPSg4ZF8LxgTv3Jwm-vNRNOMi86eXmrcodHuLHeEo/pubhtml#

Have a look and see what you think.

18. Hercule's mum

Thanks for sharing Bubba's SS with me. Is nice to see a cat that has been on insulin for more than a year, and still got a decent remission. Didn't think they existed!

It is probably my lack of sleep, but I am not sure I understand what you are suggestimg... sorry!

I think in grams, but I think 10g is about a tbs of food? That means I have to deliver him 15 tbs in one cycle.... So do you mean give most of it at +4, and perhaps a tbs or 2 before that?

19. Gill & George

He also started on prozinc.
    I usually gave 25g as a mini meal/snack.(don't look at buubas amounts of food, he's a big cat, bigger than George and he's a 6.75 kg guy.

I would give Hercules, a main meal with his insulin, say 75g then three scheduled mini meals of 25g. (Total 150g) bit instead of front loading the cycle starting at +1 start at +3 and +4 then maybe at +7 if he is low at +9 a teaspoon at +9. (Only of you need to)

You may need to adjust depending on numbers.

Hercule's mum likes this.
  20. Gill & George

That was a naughty amps this morning (2/25) by Hercules.
    I have to dash out, when you set up a new condo for today tag me.
    Just some more thoughts on feeding.