27/5 - Djoko amps 76 - restless

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marj & Djoko, May 27, 2021.

1. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...ly-home-after-his-dental.247850/#post-2795788

Djoko has been walking around all night long, going into his liter then getting out, not doing anything X 10 times. He finally got to pee. He has not lost his appetite. Ate 50% of his meal at shot time. I think I will need to try couple things before settling on the right dose during this transition period.

Is it normal that he has not slept at all last night? I stayed up until 4am and he has not slept. At 6am, he was still walking around and asking for food. I was expecting the opposite - sleepiness.

Thanks!
    Marj

2. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

I have very limited experience with general anesthesia in cats, but I have not seen this before. Could it be he is in pain? He got quite a lot of work done, no?

I get the impression the whole vet experience yesterday wasn't super happy, but perhaps worth giving them a ring and check if this is normal behaviour?

Marj & Djoko likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I think the pain medication just might be effecting his sleep coupled with being under anesthesia. The dentist m sure used gas and they wake up quickly from it and my cats were never tired/sleepy.

Marj & Djoko likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It sounds like the meds are affecting him. Hopefully he'll settle down soon. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Marj & Djoko likes this.
  5. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

Poor thing! At least he is still interested in food despite all the mouth-work so the pain meds must be working for pain even if the side effects are concerning. There is never just one thing to worry about, eh? Hang in there.

Marj & Djoko likes this.
  6. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

Yes. I sent an email and they said that restlessness is not abnormal and that it could take until tonight for the anesthetic drugs to wear off. He has still not slept. BG is well. He looks stone but is responsive. Poor little guy. He is so hungry - I am surprised how he eats after such a big operation.
    I am camping in the kitchen next to him hehe.

7. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Butters sometimes gets very restless from bupe, especially the first few days when I give it to her. She barely sleeps at all and it always kind of freaks me out when it happens.
    :bighug: I'm so glad Djoko is home and eating! Such a resilient guy.

8. tiffmaxee

I was thinking it could be from the bupe as well. On a positive note it must be controlling the pain. :bighug:

9. tiffmaxee

Is everything ok? I don’t see anything on your ss since yesterday afternoon.:bighug:

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  10. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

11. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

Yes, how are you and Djoko doing today??

12. tiffmaxee

I’m concerned. Please let us know if all is ok. I know you don’t always update your ss. Just let us know.