3/11 AMPS 142 shot skipped, can't test today

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by DL and Pinky, Mar 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DL and Pinky

DL and Pinky Member

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
    Reason for edit: add link
  2. DL and Pinky

DL and Pinky Member

Would it make sense to shoot a full dose at less than 200 here? I am going to give a token dose tonight of 0.25 as I need to keep on schedule, but I would still appreciate any ideas you might have.

FrostD, I tagged you but removed the tag because I needed to go ahead with the shot. I would still like to know what you think.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
    Reason for edit: cancel tag.
    FrostD likes this.
  3. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Well now that's interesting, and I think confirms my theory about duration. Now comes the experimentation...let's see where he's at in the morning.

I think the best thing to do is pick 3 cycles in a row that you can test every 2-3 hours. There's a few too many holes in the data to really figure out his onset/duration/nadir (not a criticism, you test a lot).

DL and Pinky likes this.
  4. DL and Pinky

DL and Pinky Member

Okay, will do beginning Saturday.
    I am very hopeful to get this oddness figured out. She seems to feel less well than she did even two weeks ago. Don't know if the ups and downs are behind the ebbing of vigor, or not. I'm keeping an eye out for illness. Trying for a ketone test today, but missed. She is feeling better today and has been eating with enthusiasm, regardless of lethargy.

FrostD likes this.
  5. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Glad to hear she's eating, that's always a relief (sorry I said he earlier). And yes although the curves are gentle for the most part, the overall drop probably doesn't feel too great. This in-between sort of trying to get regulated is the worst :/

DL and Pinky likes this.
  6. DL and Pinky

DL and Pinky Member

No worries, she doesn't show any signs of offence. I lost my way on the last attempt at a 3 cycle curve. Trying again.
    Beautiful day of sustained blues!!! I am so, so relieved to see it. But, too low to shoot a full dose tonight.
    If I don't hear back, I will shoot a half dose, I think.

FrostD likes this.
  7. DL and Pinky

DL and Pinky Member

25 minutes later it is 199 and I see I successfully shot a full dose at 205 before. Shooting a full dose.

I'll be testing through the night.

FrostD likes this.
  8. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Good call! Very happy to see these lower numbers

DL and Pinky likes this.
  9. DL and Pinky

DL and Pinky Member

Me too!

I finished the three consecutive cycles data collection effort.

Then, the next cycle after that was a fur shot.:facepalm:

10. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Ok that's exactly what's happening. If you compare the first two cycles, it's 11/12 hours between nadirs which is normal. Then the bounce happened, and I think I counted 15 hours between. Nadirs are often later on bounce breaks, but what is unusual for Pebbles is that it's like a stacking effect that keeps pushing nadir around.

The fur shot obscures things a bit, but since he bounced last night I think nadir was probably +10 and he's on his way up/flat right now. I think you may see a +9 ish nadir today, but hard to say with fur shot. Let's see!

DL and Pinky likes this.
  11. DL and Pinky

DL and Pinky Member

Thank you for having a look!

I see what you mean about the nadir after the bounce. Not able to test today because of work, but I wish I could have gotten that +9. I'll be working again tomorrow, so no testing.

I am really glad that she tolerated the lower numbers for that long before she bounced.

FrostD likes this.
  12. DL and Pinky

DL and Pinky Member

Well, that throws a spanner in the works! My guess is that this is an example of the aforementioned wandering nadir.

SLGS protocol states no shot below 150, so no shot given.

13. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Yep good call. He's a bit of a special cat so I think it would be ok to give full shot, but only as an experiment when you can monitor.

And yes - if nadir was +9 yesterday, and he broke a bounce (so 15 hours between nadir-ish), that's 15 hours from the last... conveniently puts you right at AMPS :rolleyes:

DL and Pinky likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.