3/19 CRYSTAL AMPS 112, +4 126, +7 130 +10.5 153 PMPS 135, +3.5 158

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by suki & crystal (GA), Mar 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

last condo

Happy Caturday to all

Not much to add, Crystal is still flat and blue although a bit higher coming up to PMPS. Hardly any activity today and, even though the weather is very warm, she hasn't been outside, just sleeping. Crystal has a vetty appointment next Thursday for her claws to be clipped, will ask the vet about a possible anti-histamine and also check her potassium levels. Just to add to her troubles the fur on her tail is now falling out in clumps when I brush her :(

Vines and wishes to those in need.

2. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Sending tons of vines to Crystal. I hope the vet can help her.:bighug::bighug:

suki & crystal (GA) likes this.
  3. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending more vines for Crystal :)

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the vet visit can bring a few answers for you with helping Crystal.
    So sorry to hear about the hair falling out
    :bighug::bighug::bighug: To you and Crystal

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for Crystal. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

punkin lost a ton of hair - i was always covered. Turned out to be that the SRT had killed his thyroid and it hadn't shown up on the typical thyroid tests. But I don't know why that would happen to Crystal since she hasn't been radiated. I hope you get some answers. :bighug:

7. suki & crystal (GA)

108 @ AMPS, gave her 10uR.

Thanks for checking on Crystal Peg, Anne, Bron, Carla and Julie and for sending vines for Crystal, we need them.

8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Lots of warm wishes and vines for Crystal. I hope the vet can figure out about her hair loss.

((((Suki))))

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I saw your note the other day about eye discharge. Neko has had leaky eyes (clear liquid) for almost five years now. Sometimes l-lysine will make it a bit better. I hope your vet will have some answers about sweet Crystal. :bighug::bighug:

10. missMeows

missMeows Well-Known Member

Sending lots of vines and purrs for dear Crystal :bighug:

I hope you get some answers soon. Hopefully it's just allergies. Sometimes that can cause fur to fall out. Skin allergies and all. :bighug:

11. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Has she been licking her tail a lot, or is the hair just falling out on its own? I would suspect allergies, too, if she's been licking.

Sending tons more vines and prayers, and :bighug:s for you.

12. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Tara & Ivana (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor Crystal, hope you're feeling better very soon :bighug:

13. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA) Member

Suki, you and Crystal have been on my mind a lot this past week. It's hard to deal with seeing new changes that the acro causes....it really does suck like you said. Hopefully the vet can give you something to help her nose. Peek-a-Boo had a period where he lost fur clumps from his tail...the fur was greasy too (no clue what that was about) but it went away on its own. I enjoy hearing when she's outside...you are a good mom in letting her set the pace for the day. Sending you great big hugs and GARGANTUAN feel better vines for Crystal...her little face is precious...that really is an adorable pic of her!

Dawn :bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. suki & crystal (GA)

Thanks for the recommendation Wendy, it seems to have stopped at the moment but I will mention it to the vet.

She's basically stopped grooming a while ago, apart from her face and paws. Hence her coat is pretty greasy in places. It seems as if the fur that's coming out of her tail when I groom her is scabby or crusty at the base and that comes away with the fur. Don't see any evidence anywhere else on her body.

you're right Dawn, I just let her decide what the day brings now. It's hard to see such a once very active tree climbing hunter end her days in her current state, where she can hardly walk without effort, has difficulty eating because of the acro in her mouth and now respiratory problems.

Thank you all ladies for your kind words and support, I really appreciate it. It's getting harder to post daily as I don't have much to say, and I don't want to be such a downer all the time. I'm not terribly optimistic about our vet visit as she's not familiar with treating an acro cat, Crystal is the first she has seen, but I have a list of questions and hopefully we might get some help in keeping her comfortable for a little while longer.

Heartfelt thanks to everyone who looks in on us, you are the best :bighug:

Grayson & Lu likes this.
  15. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

16. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: Suki, I understand your pain. I pray that this vet will be a pleasant surprise and have some ideas for helping Crystal be more comfortable. Sending more vines.

17. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Hi Suki,

I can't believe how well Crystal is doing. Last I checked in she was just starting to have longer runs in the BLUE, but now it looks as if she is holding steady, with quite a few GREENs. How awesome for both of you.

18. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

((((Suki)))) ((((((Crystal))))) I totally get why you don't want to do a daily condo :(, it is so hard watching our precious babies struggle with the day to day...so I hope and pray that you are holding your girl every chance you get, piling on the love and hugs and giving her lots of prawns or whatever the heck she wants to eat. And I just wnat you to know you are always in my thoughts and prayers- I know how impossibly hard this is for you but just know she feels your love and appreciates all you have done for her--you are a super star mom!!!

19. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

just looking in on you today and sending some love across the pond to you and Crystal. :bighug:

20. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I get it about the daily condo too :(

Sending more love and vines.

21. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

All of us who've cared for special needs kitties gets it. Even though I was a regular post-er with Grayson when he was on ProZinc, after the Acro dx and change to Lev, it was very different for us. Different forum, different people, different [facebook] advisers... it was hard to be a newbie after doing the dance for 5 months! And then I "acquired" Spartacus (shelter dump) after he'd been FD for 3+ yrs, and I was deep in the throws of Grayson's needs, poor Sparty never got to have his own SS, his own posts, and was rarely even mentioned here. I'm guessing it doesn't much matter to him, as long as I keep the food plate filled, but our cycle of posting changes when we go through these kinds of changes.

Just know that you've got friends all over the world, looking in on you regularly, and holding both of you near & dear to our hearts. Hugs to you and your dear Crystal!:bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.